Marriage
Create Post

Thread: Marriage

Marriage

Im planning on marrying my girlfriend who i have just found out is pregnant with my child. I am shipping out for basic training in January. Will this have any effects on my enlisment, and is it even allowed? If so, will she be able to live with me when i go to AIT?

Nothing basic about Marine Corps boot camp. Be sure to inform your recruiter on what your intentions are.
    And PM Sgt Leprechaun, ask him to move this to the Ask A Marine forum. Double posting isn't allowed.

There is no AIT in the Marine Corps, AIT is in the Army. In the Marines you go to boot camp, then MCT and then your MOS school. I doubt the government will put up you and your wife, but I don't know. Best thing to do is ask your recruiter.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan293 View Post
    There is no AIT in the Marine Corps, AIT is in the Army. In the Marines you go to boot camp, then MCT and then your MOS school. I doubt the government will put up you and your wife, but I don't know. Best thing to do is ask your recruiter.
    I am not a Marine but from what my recruiters tell me he will have to wait till he gets to his duty station before they do anything.

But to the OP I believe both will cause an issue. When you DEP in dont they tell you not to get Married, or knock up your SO? I believe they do. Because instead of you going with no dependents you will be going with 2, which neither of the 2 of them will be covered with the insurance till you get back from Boot camp. I know this because I am married and Ive had to fill out all the paper work for my wife.

It would probably be best to talk to your recruiter about this, hopefully they dont drop you as a result of this but with how difficult things are in this present state they definately could do just that.

Thread Information