Are there scrawny kids out there? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I went to bootcamp at 140lbs 11 pull ups 100 crunches 10 minute ist. Now im at ITB im 160lbs 15 pull ups 200 crunches and 9 minute ist.
    Dont worry about weight theres always somebody smaller than you trust me just put out stay motivated and you will do fine!

We had a recruit in 69 with us that was at the minimum of everything. Too short, too skinny, and too weak. The DI took special interest in him (poor guy). At the end of boot, he was maxing everything and got PFC out of boot (back then this was a major accomplishment). If you put your mind to it... it you work out to achieve your goal... you will be fine.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by PNW2011 View Post
    I went from 44 to 70 sit ups in a week, it's really not that hard to improve. My run time is suffering though in this cold weather. Makes it way harder to breathe
    I'm from Michigan, I know what you mean about the cold but don't let the winter beat you. You just need to get out there for a few days in a row and focus on your breathing to accustom yourself to the cold and you'll be breathing like it's summer. You might find you prefer breathing in the cold once you get used to it, I do.

As far as the original post, the best way to improve on all of these exercises is to do the exercise itself. If you want to improve your mile and a half you need to be running a lot farther than a mile and a half, start with 3 miles or so. Pull-ups can be assisted by push-ups with both close and far grip, see this link:http://www.savannahstate.edu/cost/nr...e15_5-2-10.pdf

Crunches just take practice, even one 2 minute set a day and you'll see improvement; I'm not scrawny but when I did my first IST I was right around the 60 range; I'm at 169 now.
    Good luck and keep pushing.

I'm 6'0 165 now doing 13 pull ups, 115 sit ups, mile and half was 10:40 today at the gym. 2 months ago I weighed 145 7-9 pullups, about same sit ups. Obviously if you want to gain weight eat a lot of carbs. I would eat 6-8 times a day to get my weight up. But also exercise accordingly! You can do it, never give up!

I was a scrawny recruit lol. I went in on a waiver at 112 lbs and I left boot camp 145 lbs and no I wasnt a double rat. Wish i was though, 2nd Bn chowhall was amazing lol

Thread Information