Motivational Run/Family Day
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Motivational Run/Family Day

This may be a stupid question. When they do the 4 mile motivational run on family day, are they running on the parade deck? If so are they running in circles, or do they run on a track? Do we see them the whole time or do they run off and come back and we see the beginning and end?

I referring specifically to Parris Island.

Thanks!

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    They start on the parade deck then hit the streets. Get to a main road to see part of the run then it will end on the parade deck.

Quote Originally Posted by lamanognr86 View Post
    They start on the parade deck then hit the streets. Get to a main road to see part of the run then it will end on the parade deck.

Enjoy !!!! I did

Like said above, the recruit series forms up on the parade deck at 0700 for their daily seven (warm-up exercises). From there, the 4 mile route takes them around the island and ends back on the parade deck. Some of the roads on the depot are temporarily closed for this event. Most people just line both sides of Blvd de France there at the parade deck where the series will pass by. Don't know about the current base commander, but the former commanding general used to lead the series in the motto run.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    Don't know about the current base commander, but the former commanding general used to lead the series in the motto run.

The female Marine in the front center of the formation in NCdad's photo is the current commanding general.

Wow! That's a young-looking general right there!! Outstanding!!!

I have a video on my YouTube of my MaArine's moto. Account name is dono509

Marine Family Free Member Marinemom32's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I think the Moto run was probably my favorite part. The first time you have seen your son/daughter in 13 weeks, and the transformation that have taken is truely a very emotional experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Marinemom32 View Post
    I think the Moto run was probably my favorite part. The first time you have seen your son/daughter in 13 weeks, and the transformation that have taken is truely a very emotional experience.
    So true Marinemom .... I thought exactly the same thing.

Rickrat ... enjoy Family Day and Graduation ... two days I guarantee you will never forget!

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Very quick question about graduation at MCRDPI. We shipped two recruits the same day, one Female,22, and one Male, 18. God willing they graduate on time together, what do we do in terms of their 3 hr liberty...can our Female see her brother's barracks & vice versa? And how about the Moto run? Do they all run as one long parade? Ordered by Battalion, then Co., then Platoon? Do we split up, and I go to our Female's events and my husband to our Males? Granted, these questions might be a tad premature as graduation isn't until 07 Dec 2012, but I gotta ask 'em when I think of 'em!

Sarah,Px2RM

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Sarah, second time I have asked you to please fill out your profile with more that just a name.
    Site rules. Anymore posts with out filling our your profile completely will be deleted.
    Thank you.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Went back in, Chuck, and everything IS in there down to the optional line. Or are your referring to the irrelevant things like favorite color, my Marine's names, Zodiac sign? I completed my profile, I have 2 kids dedicating their lives to the USMC, and MY favorite color is just not important here.

Last edited by SrqSarah; 09-29-12 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Clarity on profile info

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You public one that everyone can see...
    People want to know who they are talking to before answering posts.

The barracks are open to everyone so you should all be able to walk around together and not have to split up. Be sure to get a pic of the whole family standing in the yellow footprints (your Marines will know where they are).

The Moto Run includes the entire series (male and female platoons together). By that time, you should know where your Marine's positions are in their respective platoons and will be able to look for them quicker and pick them out. Try searching youtube.com for videos of the run.

If you have not already, you should join MarineParents.com (or MarineFamily.com). That site has an entire section devoted to bootcamp and graduation. You can ask questions just like here and get answers from parents who have just recently been to a graduation. You can also connect with other parents who have recruits in your recruit's platoons. Also, you can learn about what happens after bootcamp (leave, combat training, MOS school, the different bases, Marine terminology, etc.).

Graduation is special enough with just one new Marine; can't imagine having two at the same time! You will never forget your experience. Congratulations and good luck. Please come back and let us know what you thought.

Thread Information