Just out of bootcamp, full of questions
Create Post

Just out of bootcamp, full of questions

I'm finally off the Island and back home. Now I'm just enjoying my leave and biding my time until MCT. I have a few questions though.
    One, where's a good place on the web where I can purchase uniform items?
    Two, how do you get scuffmarks out of Corfram dress shoes?
    Three, what's MCT like? Is it really harder than bootcamp? Do they treat you like a Marine there or do you get hazed like a recruit?
    Just wondering, thanks for your time.

Registered User Free Member CPLRapoza's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    First off Congradtulations, Marine, you are now one of the few and the pround. Here's some words of wisdom to keep in the back of your head through out your time in our beloved Marine Corps. "If you were charged with being a Marine.... would there be enough evidence against you?" Now for your questions:

1. The best place to go and get uniform items off-line is go to usmc.mil and there is a link there to take you to the Uniform shop.

]2. You can get them out or blend them in by using Braso, it does work, use that until it is gone or looks to blend in to the material. Be sure to stop by the cash sales and pick up some patent leather cleaner, it comes in a white bottle. It don't take out scuffs but it doesn't fade them like Windex or pledge will do.

3. I have no idea, I went through ITB, Sorry.

Registered User Free Member jakebrown1's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Re: Just out of bootcamp, full of questions

Originally posted by Delicious White
    Three, what's MCT like? Is it really harder than bootcamp? Do they treat you like a Marine there or do you get hazed like a recruit?
    Just wondering, thanks for your time.
    FYI, You weren't "hazed" in Boot Camp.

haze
    tr.v. hazed, haz·ing, haz·es
    To persecute or harass with meaningless, difficult, or humiliating tasks.
    To initiate, as into a college fraternity, by exacting humiliating performances from or playing rough practical jokes upon.

You know, I never thought of the rigors of Boot camp as "hazing". You got "bent", not "hazed". You really shouldn't run around calling it that, especially in front of civilians. It gives them the wrong idea and paints a negative picture of the Corps.

To answer your question, MCT is different from Boot Camp...just not in the way you might expect.

You are treated like a Marine. A Basic Marine. A Private. No more. No less. You will train hard, but you will have a little bit more "free time". A little bit.

Thread Information