Any knowledgeable career planners?? help!!!
Create Post

Any knowledgeable career planners?? help!!!

Semper Fidelis,

Trying to lat move/reenlist to 7259(air traffic controller). My enlistment is up Nov 2012. The career planner I went to told me I couldn't submit a package to lat move until Dec 1st 2012. And that my friend makes no sense. At all. That would be a month after I get out. What ever happened to the 7 P's?, so if any of you tough tough Devil Dogs can help I would appreciate it.

Oohrah

Not a career planner, but unless they open that MOS up in July, you'll have to request an extension so you can submit for the latmov. The logic behind this is that they need to see how many people reenlist in that MOS before they know how many latmov spaces they have. Reenlistments happen in October generally, so they have a month to count everyone.

So waiting is the only option?? I can't do shizz?? And if so how do I go about requesting an extension ?

That would be the downside to latmoving. People in the MOS get first dibbs on boatspaces.
    I'm not sure how early you can put in for the extension; when you do your FTAP interview you can talk about it in more detail.

I would definitely have a backup MOS, just in case you don't get a spot.

Was a Bn career planner for awhile many years ago. Can't answer your specific questions but like Parks says, you will have to be flexible, specially in todays climate of dwindling boat spaces. Reenlisting/making a lateral move can be frustrating and does not always work out to your satisfaction...if at all. What we want and what the USMC needs does not always match up but every now and then it does so keep your fingers crossed (but have plans b and c just in case).

Good luck (your career planner should be able to help you with your extension request; if not, he can send you in the right direction).

Thread Information