Introduction
Create Post

Thread: Introduction

Introduction

Well, first off, my name is Ethan. I'm a 21 year old college student.

Basically, I went to a Marine recruiter two months ago(Due to my cousin who is a Navy Doc) and signed up. It wasn't forced, I've been wanting to do this for awhile. Thing is I had a GED and had to obatin 15 college credits. None the less, I went to MEP's a few days ago and qualified. So I'll be getting a ship date soon. My first choice of MOS is 58** or 03**...

Anyways, nice to meet all of you. Hope to become friends and see some of you at MCRD PI.

Ethan

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Welcome Aboard,,,, kid. [dont think you will see me at PI,,,,,,,,,

I'm confused, do you have your 15 creds yet? I don't see how you got them in two months. Or were you allowed to sign with a GED?
    I myself just went throught the GED process. I had to have all 15 of my creds BEFORE I went up to meps.

I did a Summer semester, starting the 21st of May ending in August. So she allowed me to start ie paperwork, background check, ASVAB; while finishing up my last week. Though I wasn't allowed to go to MEP's, until I presented that I had done my 15 credit hours.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecko View Post
    Well, first off, my name is Ethan. I'm a 21 year old college student.

Basically, I went to a Marine recruiter two months ago(Due to my cousin who is a Navy Doc) and signed up. It wasn't forced, I've been wanting to do this for awhile. Thing is I had a GED and had to obatin 15 college credits. None the less, I went to MEP's a few days ago and qualified. So I'll be getting a ship date soon. My first choice of MOS is 58** or 03**...

Anyways, nice to meet all of you. Hope to become friends and see some of you at MCRD PI.

Ethan
    I'm from your neck of the woods. GySgt Shanks was one of the recruiters I initially talked to when I was "shopping around." The first recruiter I met with I ended up working with.

Quote Originally Posted by BULLDAWG View Post
    I'm from your neck of the woods. GySgt Shanks was one of the recruiters I initially talked to when I was "shopping around." The first recruiter I met with I ended up working with.

Yeah, she is one cool ass recruiter. So are you DEP'ing outta this station or what?

Thread Information