sleeves down all year??? - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Usually some one out there is trying to come up with ways to make things rather more difficult. How often does that kind of thing happen?

This is so stupid...

We are all going to be like this:

No more buttons and ribbons on the blouse.

Quote Originally Posted by BGW View Post
    Usually some one out there is trying to come up with ways to make things rather more difficult. How often does that kind of thing happen?
    All the damn time.

I don't understand it. They are saying sleeves down because they don't want tattoos to show. But since they repealed the DADT it's OK for queers to show. Go figure.

SF, Jay

Marine Free Member AAV Crewchief's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by 1994formulalt1 View Post
    so I heard through the LCpl underground that we will be going to sleeves down all year around, anyone else hear about this?

Welcome to the Air Force.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckSauce View Post
    All the damn time.
    I only wish that I could of been a part in your world. Perhaps in a dream.

I could roll some good sleeves....

But I hated rollling sleeves. Hated it. And of the two options, it's much more practical for a "fighting" uniform.

Working men and women often roll up their sleeves before approaching a difficult physical task - for freedom of movement and heat dispersion - then often roll them back down again.
    My city-ex once asked about this ritual?
    It's a habit from when i was a cowhand, mostly tradition.
    Marines should also enjoy this freedom

It's a new commandant trying to leave a legacy for when he retires and is long gone. I give it one summer before people really start to say something about sleeve rolling. It really doesn't matter right now because we will be sleeves down in jungle cammies in 2 weeks. But once summer rolls around next year, everyone will have something to say. Once we get a new commandant, he will change the policy back to sleeves up and general Amos' sleeves down policy will be something we all talk about for years and that will be his legacy... An aviator commandant that made marines go sleeves down year round.

Just put 'em down girls and quit yer bitchin'!

General Amos appears to have sprouted from the perimeter of Big Ranch Country in SW Idaho. Looks like it's sleeves down until he retires.

Come summertime you all light green Marines are gonna have tanned hands, cheeks and necks - nothing else

Fvckin gay.

Sure, rolling sleeves took a few extra minutes, but we look good with em rolled. Especially compared to the garbage other services.

Whoa now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegler300 View Post
    Just put 'em down girls and quit yer bitchin'!

I've always been wary when Marine's aren't *****ing. If they aren't *****ing, then there is something wrong. Secure that morale. Just sayin'.

Umm...that filter thing made my post sound sexually explicit. I find that disturbing.

Thread Information