Fictional portrayal of Marines
Create Post

Fictional portrayal of Marines

Which movie or book would you say is the most accurate that wasn't a biography or a historical account of real Marines?

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    There was a movie back in the 50s called Battle Cry. It portrayed the events of a Marine bn. in WW2. All the way from San Diego, till they came home.

I enjoyed "Battle LA" (came out this summer). True, we haven't kicked any alien's a$$es yet but the actors were not fat slobs and all had regulation haircuts. The lead character (SSgt platoon leader) displayed tremendous courage and leadership abilities. This action-packed SciFi movie portrays the USMC in a very favorable light. Parts of it were filmed on location at Camp Pendleton with real Marines as extras. Instead of the typical arrogant/inept junior officer who gets a lot of his people killed; the 2ndLt in this film is a competent leader who dies a hero. They do go to extremes with the female Air Force intell Tech Sgt who somehow is as courageous under fire and competent with squad tactics/weapons as the Marines are (she even kills an alien invader with her bayonet up close and personal...yeah right like an airman even knows what a bayonet looks like let alone what it's for!).

Maybe she's been bayoneted herself once or twice.

Battle Los Angeles (which, by the way, my company did technical advising for...you may thank me later LOL) is one of the better fictional portrayals.

Aliens isn't bad.

Can't really think of any others though....

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Alien

Thread Information