Boot Camp Promotion!
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Boot Camp Promotion!

im leaving for boot camp soon and i am just a private and was wondering how can you get promoted in bootcamp?

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Drill Instructors normally promote around 10% of their platoon to PFC (E-2), this is based on is they feel you have the leadership skills, or you stand out to them (in a good way). Recruits that have 2 or more years (i believe) of JROTC will automatically go to bootcamp with an E-2 paygrade. while one recruit out of the whole company is the "Honor Graduate" and will receive a promotion to Lance Corporal (E-3) and an plaque from the Commanding Officer. to earn this you must be well rounded in all areas, Drill, marksmanship, PT,obstacles and obviously stand out as #1.

thank you for your info!

Hopefully I can be in that 10% due to my maturity/leadership skills....

Being the best in PT isnt going to happen especially against those who will be able to run a 16 min 3 mile.

cut it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon2HaveEGA843 View Post
    Hopefully I can be in that 10% due to my maturity/leadership skills....

Being the best in PT isnt going to happen especially against those who will be able to run a 16 min 3 mile.
    I'm going to need for you to stop with that attitude. It's not productive. It's self defeating actually. Focus on running if you want to be good at it. Baby steps, run slow and build up endurance. Once you have that down pact, run faster.

v/r

Bro, I do doubt myself highly on the running issue. I'm top heavy and naturally a sprint which endurance that sucks. I currently run 3 miles at a pace that I can finish it without stopping and do hard 1 1/5-2 mile runs. I don't see a 16 min 3 miler in my career unless I loose all muscle mass.

Its self defeating but its the truth.

Bro, I do doubt myself highly on the running issue. I'm top heavy and naturally a sprint which endurance that sucks. I currently run 3 miles at a pace that I can finish it without stopping and do hard 1 1/5-2 mile runs. I don't see a 16 min 3 miler in my career unless I loose all muscle mass.

Self deprecating yes but it is also realistic not everyone can be Usain Bolt. My SNCOIC said he was terrible at running and said he still his he like myself hates running. Id suggest just focusing on completing boot and maybe a close 2nd getting the PFC heck even if you dont all you have to do is wait a few more months and with TIG and TIS youll get PFC by the time you finish Boot, MCT, and MOS school most people who start out as private are LCPL's

You should try doing a search on this, pretty sure its been covered before.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=65462

keep it up.

I'm top heavy @ 206lbs 5'10. If you're saying you can't do it, you're saying I can't do it. I'm 26 years old, and Ill be damned if I just give up on myself. Letting younger kids/adults out run me because I didn't better my run time.

I'm no marine, but why wait to start believing in yourself(me) and your peers (you). Everything starts with an idea.. so if you think you can't do it.. you can't. What happens if you go over your weight while active? Let the marines kick you out?

Just trying to stay motivated. I hope I could spread some around.
    Good luck to you sir.

v/r

Yea, I see what you're saying and trust me, I keep up with a good bit of my younger counterparts. I'm just saying man that a 8 min 1 1/2 won't happen because I currently run a 8 min mile. Trust me, I don't give up but sometimes you have to look at the reality of things.

I've tried keeping up with those 8-9 1 1/2 mile runners......guess what......I burned out and walked a portion of it nearly passing out from it. I rather not run and walk.

If you can do that then good **** bro.......

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmatas View Post
    I'm top heavy @ 206lbs 5'10. If you're saying you can't do it, you're saying I can't do it. I'm 26 years old, and Ill be damned if I just give up on myself. Letting younger kids/adults out run me because I didn't better my run time.

I'm no marine, but why wait to start believing in yourself(me) and your peers (you). Everything starts with an idea.. so if you think you can't do it.. you can't. What happens if you go over your weight while active? Let the marines kick you out?
    Just because EGA is saying he can't do it doesn't mean he's saying you can't do it. Some people just have farther to go than others. You have until February to ship and are 90% of the way there in the first place. Some of us, like EGA and myself, have overcome huge hurdles just to be able to get the opportunity to go. We're also leaving in just over a week, not enough time to make drastic changes. It's not that we can't do it, its that we know what our advantages and disadvantages are and plan on capitalizing on our advantages.

However, you do have a point about believing in yourself though, and I completely agree.

DT1000

DT1000, I understand his reasons for what he's saying and trust me it would def be a booster if I was hurting while PT'ing to hear some moto words.

I won't throw in any **** poor excuses nor complain but I always put 110% because I hate looking weak but over time I had to do some tuning in my mind and tell myself, "Man.....you're keeping up but you know the end result.....you dont want to quit but its time to slow it down for yourself but finish strong"

Isnt that one of the major factors to grad bootcamp? Never quit, never give up?

The last time we had a feild meet at the RSS we did a formation run with our SNCOIC and he added sprints when he felt we needed to throw it into another gear. I held up with the pack but eventually I had to slow down to a pace so I could finish without walking. Yea, I dropped back, yea the pack pulled away but one thing I can say is that I never stopped running. Cramps had me but I never stopped and gave in, fatigue started setting in but I never stopped and gave in. Near the end I kicked it up a notch......yea it sucked but I finished strong.

None of the Recruiters yelled my name asking why was I walking or telling me that I was quitting on myself.

So, reality is I won't be able to keep pace with those fast runners. I've tried and failed, I've been told to pace and save that energy for the end. Hopefully my disadvantages wont stand out over my advantages because if my DIs get on me for falling out of a formation but fail to see the heart I put in by not quitting and finishing strong then I'm going to get bashed on.

I dont see that being the case though but its all good if it does happen.

Easiest way is to just get two references before boot camp!
    Get two kids to enlist and you will get PFC.

Hopefully my disadvantages wont stand out over my advantages because if my DIs get on me for falling out of a formation but fail to see the heart I put in by not quitting and finishing strong then I'm going to get bashed on.

I dont see that being the case though but its all good if it does happen.
    I'm sure they will get on you for falling out or slowing down haha BUT they are going to IT you and whatnot because you need it! If you are not in the shape you should be they are going to put you in the shape you need to be. They can pick apart a person and tell if they are being dramatic or if they are giving your all.. You'll be good man!! Focus on the positives.

As for the thread TOPIC haha Two referrals is definitely the best way, if you do not have 15 college credits!

Yea, if I was scared of being IT'd I would've never enlisted. Its all for the good....I'm ready for these 3 months to come and go.

Anyways....referrals.....smh it'll be easier for me to try for honor grad then pulling 2 random guys or 1 random girl into the RSS.

Its easier to get those yougins the younger Poolees bring in from HS but try doing this at work or in a store. There maybe someone who will consider but they won't take the call from the recruiter. I got tired of it and said **** it, Ill earn my stripes

Thread Information