Chances of enlisting?
Create Post

Chances of enlisting?

Hi let me start off saying that I am 20 years old and I am currently attending college (I have plenty of units completed). I am considering enlisting but I have a past misdemeanor (petty theft) that is on my records. Other than that everything else is clean. I was wondering what are my chances of being denied? Also I see that some people could be turned away but is that something that is set in stone? Or if I kept pushing I will be able to enlist?
    Also with something like that on my record I heard my job choices are slim? How slim would they be?

Thank you so much for reading my post.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Units? You probably mean credits. Just finish college. I don't understand why people don't finish what they started.

And no, no one here knows how long a waiver can take. Some offenses can be waived, and others cannot. Different offenses require waiver approval at different levels in the recruiting chain-of-command.
    Your best bet is to talk with a recruiter face-to-face and get the most up to date and accurate info from him/her.

Criminal History Waivers
    http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marin...minal.-um-.htm

I'd say decent but not great. Go talk to a recruiter.

I weep for what this country is becoming, and fear for my children and grandchildren's future if any more democrats gain national office. We lose more and more freedoms every single day to creeping nannystatism and those who vote for Democrats only want to increase that. Anyone voting for a 'dem' is someone who likely wants to take everything YOU have worked for and mortgage your kids future as well.
    v/r
    The Malignant Leprechaun

since I was a recruiter back when milk drinking was a no no. A man with a mark on his recorded got what we gave him, no promise of a job or duty station just the roll of the dice and you got what HQ marine corp gave ya.

Quote Originally Posted by hollowcrown View Post
    Hi let me start off saying that I am 20 years old and I am currently attending college (I have plenty of units completed). I am considering enlisting but I have a past misdemeanor (petty theft) that is on my records. Other than that everything else is clean. I was wondering what are my chances of being denied? Also I see that some people could be turned away but is that something that is set in stone? Or if I kept pushing I will be able to enlist?
    Also with something like that on my record I heard my job choices are slim? How slim would they be?

Thank you so much for reading my post.
    Petit Larceny is a simple waiver provided the item(s) stolen is valued at $250 or less. It will prevent you from getting most jobs that require a security clearance initially. That doesn't mean that you can't move into those fields though at a later time. Contact a local recruiter for the best information regarding enlistment program availability. It differs in different areas.

Thread Information