Facebook group for Poolies
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Facebook group for Poolies

Hey poolies I made a facebook Group for us to meet each other. this group is sort a all in one you can post pics, questions, ship dates, find out who is going to boot camp on the same date as you. But just a place shoot the **** with your fellow poolies.

just go on to your face book page got to the search bar and type all caps USMC POOLIES

Quote Originally Posted by madman1042002 View Post
    Hey poolies I made a facebook Group for us to meet each other. this group is sort a all in one you can post pics, questions, ship dates, find out who is going to boot camp on the same date as you. But just a place shoot the **** with your fellow poolies.

just go on to your face book page got to the search bar and type all caps USMC POOLIES

If you are going to create a group because you are motivated, then good for you. I understand if you are motivated (aren't we all). Spamming a dozen threads on this website is not needed, however. If you feel like sharing your group with us, then create one thread about it instead of spamming a bunch of different threads with this off-topic information. I would also highly suggest using proper spelling and grammar for your group. The word Poolee is spelled with two e's and no i. The word is plastered all over this section of the forum. Seeing as you are here, you should be able to spell it properly. Every letter does not need to be capitalized in the group. The point of this group seems very similar to the point of this sub-forum. One last thing, please try and use some grammar when you post on a forum. When you ramble on without any semblance of grammar, you make yourself look bad. You capitalize random words that do not need capitalization and ignore words that do. You leave out verbs in some of your sentences and punctuation in a many of your sentences. Your grammar doesn't have to be perfect, but please at least try.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusRamus View Post
    If you are going to create a group because you are motivated, then good for you. I understand if you are motivated (aren't we all). Spamming a dozen threads on this website is not needed, however. If you feel like sharing your group with us, then create one thread about it instead of spamming a bunch of different threads with this off-topic information. I would also highly suggest using proper spelling and grammar for your group. The word Poolee is spelled with two e's and no i. The word is plastered all over this section of the forum. Seeing as you are here, you should be able to spell it properly. Every letter does not need to be capitalized in the group. The point of this group seems very similar to the point of this sub-forum. One last thing, please try and use some grammar when you post on a forum. When you ramble on without any semblance of grammar, you make yourself look bad. You capitalize random words that do not need capitalization and ignore words that do. You leave out verbs in some of your sentences and punctuation in a many of your sentences. Your grammar doesn't have to be perfect, but please at least try.

Wow. A Facebook group. Are we going to go to the park and drink juice boxes too.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusRamus View Post
    A dozen threads? Maybe two. Way to grossly exaggerate.

" If you feel like sharing your group with us, then create one thread about it..." --> Is that not what this is??

"I would also highly suggest using proper spelling and grammar for your group. The word Poolee is spelled with two e's and no i." --> Who cares? And is this not a made-up word anyway

"You capitalize random words that do not need capitalization and ignore words that do." --> This may be referring to the Facebook Group (which I could not locate); if referring to the original post, it may be argued that the one capitalized word ("Group") is a proper noun as it refers to a "Facebook Group," therefore the capitalization is appropriate, and correct.

And also I find it ironic, that if you see this post and the associated Group as so irrelevant--why comment on it, drawing attention to it as well as yourself?

Just my .02

P.S. Not looking to start over war over this, just my opinion and I thought Mad Man was getting flamed for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by BULLDAWG View Post

" If you feel like sharing your group with us, then create one thread about it..." --> Is that not what this is??

"I would also highly suggest using proper spelling and grammar for your group. The word Poolee is spelled with two e's and no i." --> Who cares? And is this not a made-up word anyway

"You capitalize random words that do not need capitalization and ignore words that do." --> This may be referring to the Facebook Group (which I could not locate); if referring to the original post, it may be argued that the one capitalized word ("Group") is a proper noun as it refers to a "Facebook Group," therefore the capitalization is appropriate, and correct.

And also I find it ironic, that if you see this post and the associated Group as so irrelevant--why comment on it, drawing attention to it as well as yourself?

Just my .02

P.S. Not looking to start over war over this, just my opinion and I thought Mad Man was getting flamed for no reason.
    BULLDAWG AWESOME BRO you sir i will buy a drink one day

(He is referring to madmans comments on other threads)

(MADE FOR A PURPOSE. Made to give us an identity (BY THE MARINE CORPS)... as ****bags, waiting to earn that title!)

(You just sound pretentious, man.. I think he is mainly stating the lack of grammar. I could say the same to you.)

(Are you not doing the same thing?... and he is simply giving his opinion.)

Just my .02

(madman im not taking any shots at you!)

I am not taking sides... But Bulldawg, before you come in here and criticize people... get your facts straight.. From what i have read Exodus' argument, much out weighs yours.

Just my .02

Yes, I exaggerated. I thought I saw more, but I must be mistaken. The point of it is not the number, but the spamming of unrelated threads.

Who cares about the spelling of poolees? I, for one, do. Poolee is not currently a word, but new words are added to the dictionary every year. Sexting is a word that made it into the dictionary this year, for example. Poolee may become a real word in 2012. Every word we currently know was made up at one point.

I was referring to his posts in general. I am including this one but not limiting it to this one. This post is actually one of his better posts in reference to spelling and grammar. Some of them make me think he has a punctuation phobia. Facebook group is not a proper noun. Facebook is a proper noun. Group is a noun. The name of the group is a proper noun, but unless the name of the Facebook group is "Facebook Group", then Facebook group is not a proper noun. If you are arguing that group should be capitalized, then Facebook should be capitalized as well.

I am not trying to flame. I am simply requesting people on this forum make an attempt to use proper spelling, grammar and punctuation. I would like people who come to this site to view us with intelligence.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=28989

I am not alone in my wish to see grammar and punctuation.

To clarify on the word poolee this is how the Master Gunnery Sergeant who visits our RSS put it. We are a pool of potential recruits/Marines thusly the individual is a poolee.. Get it? I think thats even how the little pamphlet refers to it as.

Cant We All Just Get Along?!

Ok lets stop the bickering. I realize I probably should not have gotten involved.. BUT lets move on. Poolee is the accepted way to spell it. Even though most Marines will probably call us a "shower shoe" No need to post a topic on a few different threads, even though your intent is not to p*** anyone off.

Madman, keep the group as is or change the name by one letter, your call, man! Either way, I do think it is a great idea!!

We are all here for an awesome thing, to learn, ask questions, and to make some friends before we earn the title of a United States Marine!!

Lets not forget that!
    -Greg

dddddddddddeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrpppppppppp

heeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrppppppp

Who cares how you spell poolee, I'm tired of being a poolee anyway and I don't plan on being one much longer anyway. I can't wait until I earn the title that means something, Marine.

I spell a person enlisted into the Marine Corps DEP - ahhhherrrpdeeerpppp

That's what's on the board, ahhhderrrpheerrps and Marines.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Please close this thread.

I wish I could brobeans!

Thread Information