Nrotc
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nrotc

Nrotc

Are the required ACT scores waiverable? Ihave a composite of 21 because I was dumb and didn't try ( I was set on not needing it because I'm enlisting in the Marines) but I need a 22. I think I am also only one point short on the math. Thank you for any help.

Marine Officer NROTC Program

OUR RANKS ARE FEW. OUR STANDARDS ARE HIGH.

If you are one of the few selected to participate in the program as a Marine-Option Midshipman, you must first meet certain NROTC requirements, including:

• You must be a United States citizen.
    • You must be at least 17 years old and no older than 23.
    • You must be physically qualified to meet Marine Corps standards.
    • You must obtain a basic SAT combined score of 1000 or an ACT composite score of 22.
    • You must apply to one of the approved NROTC colleges and universities, which include some of the top academic institutions in the nation.

http://officer.marines.com/marine/ma...programs/nrotc

What's stopping you from just taking the test again?

Retest Restrictions

You may take the ACT no more than 12 times total. This restriction applies even if your scores from a test date are cancelled by you or by ACT. ACT reserves the right to cancel your registration, rescind your admission ticket, or take any other steps necessary to enforce this policy. If you violate this restriction, your scores will not be reported or will be cancelled and your fees will not be refunded.

In calculating the 12-test total, ACT makes exceptions for State Testing required by your District or your state's Department of Education and tests taken as a young examinee through an academic talent search organization. Other exceptions will be considered only if you submit the request via our Retest Exception Request Form no later than two weeks before the regular registration deadline for the test date you would like to be your 13th test date.

Exceptions are within ACT's sole discretion. ACT will respond to your request within seven working days from date of receipt. (Please note: Exception requests will not be considered for students who have not already tested ten times).

You may not receive scores from more than one test date during a scheduled national or international administration (Saturday, non-Saturday, or rescheduled test date arranged by ACT). If you are admitted and allowed to test a second time, we will report only the scores from the first test. The second or third set of scores will be cancelled without refund.

You may not receive scores from more than one test date per state administration (initial or makeup) if your school participates in ACT State Testing. If you are allowed to test more than once, we will report only the scores from the first test. The second set of scores will be cancelled.

If you want to retest through another testing program other than National or International (for example, Special or Arranged Testing, Project Testing, Residual Testing), you must wait a minimum of 60 days between retests. If you are allowed to retest within 60 days of your last administration, your second set of scores will be cancelled without refund.

http://www.actstudent.org/regist/ret...trictions.html

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    This illustrates the need to take each and every test you sit 100% seriously. Whether in school or in the military, 100% effort often saves a lot of problems later.

Quote Originally Posted by SoftballCatch23 View Post
    Retest Restrictions

You may take the ACT no more than 12 times total.
    Well, looks like he can take the test 11 more times then. Study and take it seriously next time.

I know i was being dumb I might retake it. It will cost money this time though. I can only blame myself for having been ignorant.

Not 100% sure, but pretty confident the test scores are not "waiverable."

Sounds like you don't have that fire in the belly. People don't stumble into becoming Marine Corps officers..."You have to EARN it." Sorry being so harsh but better to understand now that later. Good luck.

S/F

Quote Originally Posted by Bornagain View Post
    because I was dumb and didn't try

Surprise, surprise.

The worst part is I could have done it if i actually tried. If I had planned on considering becoming an officer before, who knows I could have probably gotten into the Naval Academy.

I could have done it if i actually tried.
    Talk is cheap, Bornagain. You have NO idea what you can do. Sign the bottom line, join the Corps, and find out.

From your thread............What are my chances of being successfully recruited?

Well, like many teenagers do I made the stupid decision to try out marijuana a few times with other people..and believe me, it's a choice that I regret..I saw somebody else's post on here and so decided to ask. When I was younger I was placed on medication for ADHD, and so I'm wondering, with these things together do I really have a good chance of getting recruited? And if so, will the drug use require a waiver?
    -(No, the police were never involved, I have a clean record)

- (I have been off of all medication for ADHD for a year and a half, and by the time I turn 18 it will have been about 3 years.)

And if this helps: I am in good shape and have descent grades in school.

Thank you for any helpful response.
    First things first. When you're old enough to speak with a recruiter face-to-face, (according to your profile you have a birthday coming up on 21 October), you need to disclose that you were on meds for ADHD, and yes, that will require a waiver. DO NOT lie about it. They will find out.
    Then....take it from there.

Quote Originally Posted by SoftballCatch23 View Post
    From your thread............What are my chances of being successfully recruited?

First things first. When you're old enough to speak with a recruiter face-to-face, (according to your profile you have a birthday coming up on 21 October), you need to disclose that you were on meds for ADHD, and yes, that will require a waiver. DO NOT lie about it. They will find out.
    Then....take it from there.
    I know I'm already getting plans to get the paper work and stuff done for that. I don't see why you would bring that old post up again, but yes I'm telling them the 100% honest truth.

I think she is bringing it up again because you post a lot and ask a lot of questions that are sort of all over the ballpark.

That's okay. You know, you are curious about these things, but if memory serves me (I have not gone back to your old posts) you have asked questions about many different enlisted MOS's and now about NROTC.

In a sense, you are putting the cart before the horse. You cannot pass go until you are given the green light, and softball is reminding you that you are way out there in your thinking. Sort of a reality check.

You are 16. Might be time to not be dumb anymore and make sure you try at all you do. But you are still in the information gathering and preparation stage, too.

So when you are 17 and you can speak to a recruiter, step one is what?

Thread Information