Need Help!! Get a Marine's Wings back...
Create Post

Need Help!! Get a Marine's Wings back...

I have a friend that served in the Marines not long ago as a Aviator...some how, he lost his leather nametag that went on his Flight Suit, I'm trying to get one made for him...but I don't know how the layout is on the tag (It may not be the same because it's not his original tag, but I thought I'd try)

Similar Threads:

Long shot but search for:

grunt.com

The Marine Shop in Quantico (they specialize in officers gear)

The Marine Corps Association

Also, PM djj34 - he is a USMC aviator and may know how/where to get a nametag made or help you with the layout.

Good luck.

Here's link to source. Before you order, what year was your friend in MARAV? If he was wearing a leather jacket, i.e., G-1 (leather with moulton fur collar), then a leather nameplate appropriate. How the nameplate is attached to jacket is important. If in early 60's, leather plate sewn onto the jacket. Later, plate has velcro backing so it can be removed.

If nylon flight jacket, (later years to present) nameplates can be either leather or embroidered, both with velcro backs for easy removal. Make sure the Naval Aviator wings are used, both Navy and MarCorp and check for accurate placement of name, rank, unit, usually First Line, Initials: First, Middle and Last Name. Second line: Rank, Unit.

If source problem, I have others available.

Semper fi,
    http://www.wings-aviation.com/catalog/navy-wings-leather-tags-p-431.html?zenid=88590dd08af62806dea8559f04fce78e

Thread Information