NATO Africa Problems
Create Post

NATO Africa Problems

This one to say the least has been kicking me in the butt. I'm currently in the IRR which is making it even more difficult for me to try to figure things out with it.

Starting from the beginning:
    Awards Update MARADMIN 437/12 came out August 2012 while I was still active authorizing the NATO Africa Medal for Operation Unified Protector.
    After talking to my S-1 at the time they sent me on a wild goose chase saying that they couldn't submit me for it and I had to go to my original command (which was deployed at the time). After playing the run around game for about 4 months with it I finally found someone that knew what was going on and had an individual submission made through my current unit at that time (2/6). It needed to have our BnCO sign a cover letter for it and as of now I'm sure that it never even made it past that step. I have friends that stayed with my other unit (1/2) until EAS/ReEnlistment that had a group submission done and already have theirs showing in MOL. Now they submitted about 3-4 month after I did mine.
    So recently I ended up sending up and EPAR through MOL referencing the MARADMIN and explaining what has happened asking what steps I should take or who I can contact to resubmit. All I got was a civilian telling me I had to go through my CoC to do it but not giving me any help on who exactly I might contact to do so and hasn't gotten back to me since then.

Was wondering if anyone might have some advice on a way to resubmit or just someone who I might be able to contact to help me along this trail that seems to never end.

Similar Threads:

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Since you are no longer on Active Duty, start here.

http://www.archives.gov/veterans/

Request Update to your DD-214. They will look at your jacket and if you earned the award you will get a DD -215 with it on it.

Sometimes they will send you free of charge the medal and the ribbon, if not you can get it from grunt.com

This is the route I had to take for some things.

Best of luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky C View Post
    Since you are no longer on Active Duty, start here.

http://www.archives.gov/veterans/

Request Update to your DD-214. They will look at your jacket and if you earned the award you will get a DD -215 with it on it.

Sometimes they will send you free of charge the medal and the ribbon, if not you can get it from grunt.com

This is the route I had to take for some things.

Best of luck to you.
    Sadly I can't go this route even though I really want to. The awarding authority for the NATO Africa Medal is Shape J-1. I have to have it approved by them in order to actually receive the award. That is the trouble that I keep running into with it.

Thank you for reply though. Probably going to just end up contacting my county VA Rep and seeing if she might be able to get some info for me that will work.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Ok Brother.
    Best of luck.

Thread Information