Do I rate a Navy/MC Overseas ribbon
Create Post

Do I rate a Navy/MC Overseas ribbon

To anyone that knows,

I was in Okinawa with the 3rd FSSG back in 88/89. I received the sea service deployment ribbon for that period.

I heard now that you get both the SSDR and the N/MC Overseas ribbon for that tour.

Do I rate it for that time period and if I do; who do I write to get my DD214 updated? I am an Warrant Officer in the US Army now and just want to ensure I have all the right stuff in my file.

Thank you.

No you don't, you get one or the other, 3DFSSG is a deployable unit and gets the SSDR, if you are with a Base unit you get the Overseas ribbon

Quote Originally Posted by taylordc15 View Post
    No you don't, you get one or the other, 3DFSSG is a deployable unit and gets the SSDR, if you are with a Base unit you get the Overseas ribbon
    Taylor,

Thank you for answering my question.

Talking Was wondering the same thing !

I was station in Okinawa with the 1st MAW and was TAD to Nam for 6 months back in '70-'71 , besides the firewatch , Veitnam service and Vietnam Campaign ribbons , would I rate such a ribbon ?

if u were in the MAW on Okinawa you should get the Sea Service Deployment Ribbon

Talking Here's what I think !

Quote Originally Posted by WXSgt View Post
    if u were in the MAW on Okinawa you should get the Sea Service Deployment Ribbon
    I need to get an updated DD214 !

Thanks for your opinion !

Actually, it depends on the eligibility dates for those. They may not be backdated that far.

Credits
    Savings
    I was assigned to the MB Naples Italy from 1967 to 1970. I was told by a 1st Sergeant that I could wear the Overseas Ribbon. Do I rate it? Appreciate any help offered. Semper Fi

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    http://usmilitary.about.com/library/...seaservice.htm

http://usmilitary.about.com/library/...bloverseas.htm

Found this info on both the sea service ribbon and the overseas service ribbon.

Smile Can't believe I came back to this thread !

But I got out in '71 , too early !

I was with F 2/12 from oct 73 to oct 74 and with MAG-36 from 76-77 do I rate any of these two ribbons

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by awbrown1462 View Post
    I was with F 2/12 from oct 73 to oct 74 and with MAG-36 from 76-77 do I rate any of these two ribbons
    Both are retroactive to 15 August 1974. I checked your profile and it looks like you are qualified for the overseas ribbon for duty at Okinawa between 76-77.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Three years ago I requested copies of my service records and to my surprise they awarded me both ribbons. I was active duty from 1975 -1979. Sea service ribbon for deployable unit (detachment) to the caribbean. Overseas ribbon for duty 1st MAW at Iwakuni, Japan.

Thread Information