Do I rate a Navy/MC Overseas ribbon
Create Post

Do I rate a Navy/MC Overseas ribbon

To anyone that knows,

I was in Okinawa with the 3rd FSSG back in 88/89. I received the sea service deployment ribbon for that period.

I heard now that you get both the SSDR and the N/MC Overseas ribbon for that tour.

Do I rate it for that time period and if I do; who do I write to get my DD214 updated? I am an Warrant Officer in the US Army now and just want to ensure I have all the right stuff in my file.

Thank you.

No you don't, you get one or the other, 3DFSSG is a deployable unit and gets the SSDR, if you are with a Base unit you get the Overseas ribbon

Quote Originally Posted by taylordc15 View Post
    No you don't, you get one or the other, 3DFSSG is a deployable unit and gets the SSDR, if you are with a Base unit you get the Overseas ribbon
    Taylor,

Thank you for answering my question.

Talking Was wondering the same thing !

I was station in Okinawa with the 1st MAW and was TAD to Nam for 6 months back in '70-'71 , besides the firewatch , Veitnam service and Vietnam Campaign ribbons , would I rate such a ribbon ?

if u were in the MAW on Okinawa you should get the Sea Service Deployment Ribbon

Talking Here's what I think !

Quote Originally Posted by WXSgt View Post
    if u were in the MAW on Okinawa you should get the Sea Service Deployment Ribbon
    I need to get an updated DD214 !

Thanks for your opinion !

Actually, it depends on the eligibility dates for those. They may not be backdated that far.

I weep for what this country is becoming, and fear for my children and grandchildren's future if any more democrats gain national office. We lose more and more freedoms every single day to creeping nannystatism and those who vote for Democrats only want to increase that. Anyone voting for a 'dem' is someone who likely wants to take everything YOU have worked for and mortgage your kids future as well.
    v/r
    The Malignant Leprechaun

Credits
    Savings
    I was assigned to the MB Naples Italy from 1967 to 1970. I was told by a 1st Sergeant that I could wear the Overseas Ribbon. Do I rate it? Appreciate any help offered. Semper Fi

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    http://usmilitary.about.com/library/...seaservice.htm

http://usmilitary.about.com/library/...bloverseas.htm

Found this info on both the sea service ribbon and the overseas service ribbon.

Smile Can't believe I came back to this thread !

But I got out in '71 , too early !

I was with F 2/12 from oct 73 to oct 74 and with MAG-36 from 76-77 do I rate any of these two ribbons

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by awbrown1462 View Post
    I was with F 2/12 from oct 73 to oct 74 and with MAG-36 from 76-77 do I rate any of these two ribbons
    Both are retroactive to 15 August 1974. I checked your profile and it looks like you are qualified for the overseas ribbon for duty at Okinawa between 76-77.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Three years ago I requested copies of my service records and to my surprise they awarded me both ribbons. I was active duty from 1975 -1979. Sea service ribbon for deployable unit (detachment) to the caribbean. Overseas ribbon for duty 1st MAW at Iwakuni, Japan.

Thread Information