What are the best boots for the CFT?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What are the best boots for the CFT?

I'm getting ready to buy a new pair of badly-needed boots. Coincidentally, I'm also getting ready to run a CFT. I thought I my as well buy a pair that I could use as my 'CFT' boots.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm guessing that a light-weight, flexible pair would be best.

I've never owned anything other than issued boots.

Thanks.

bellville's. I LOVE mine, can run all day in them. I will never own another set of ****ty bates.

Is there a particular pair of Bellville's you like?

Boots with steel toes gives extra protection, which is always a good thing. You can never go wrong.

I'm not looking for protection during a CFT. LOL

I'm looking for comfort and light-weight.

Everyone on my Facebook has been recomending the Bates Light-Weight.

Also, how come my auto signature disappeared? And I don't see a place to edit it.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveOfCountry View Post
    Also, how come my auto signature disappeared? And I don't see a place to edit it.
    Signatures?
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...=105920&page=2

they are like the 550 st without the steel toe. It just says mwr in the tag. You can find them at the px for 75 bucks. The stock insert is super comfortable, the boots are light and comfortable. Really, really love these boots bro

Check out the Danner site -> Boots -> Military.

They make a version (TFX and GTX) that is similar to "The Pronghorn" - an athletic and reasonably priced hunting boot. They're lightweight like a hiking boot/sneaker. The uppers should not wear out and fall apart before the soles do because Danners usually don't. Had my feet in a pair the other day and if it was neccesary for me to run in the mountains, these would be a good choice, but i prefer a heavier duty boot.

Some of the miltary models have air vents. So if they are not labeled Gore-Tex® then they will most likely absorb water quickly

those boots are not authorized just fyi

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Blackhawk-Warrior USMC Version,have sent Two Pair to an In Country Marine and a 1OTH.Mountain Div.PathFinder...No Complaints as of Yet I've Humped in them Also Wish I had them when I was Humping and Jumping...S/F and Thank You for your service...

Forget what everyone else has said, NIKE has produced a combat boot. There's not much ankle support for everyday patrolling, but for a CFT, these extremely lightweight boots would be perfect. They're lighter than most tennis shoes, and are relatively cheap.

Credits
    Savings
    If you're a "Real Marine" forget the boots, paint your feet green and go it barefoot, if you're a Real Marine that is.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    thats what i do HST

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by montana View Post
    thats what i do HST

You just like the feel of squishy horse apples between your toes. Be honest.

For running and rucking, authorized- Bates Lites.

If you want to cheat(I would at least try), if you know someone that is supply, you might be able to score some Rockies, which are in the supply chain. I know some guys at 2nd LAR got some, past that IDK.

If your going to buy, get some rockies. They are light,but last longer then the Oakley SI assualt boots.

I've day dreamed about making a brand, and pressing the EGA on the side of some Rockies just to see if anyone would notice.

Thread Information