PFT Scores - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PFT Scores

Okay, now you stated actual information and that is being helpful. Maybe try and clarify how it will detrimental to his career and create trouble for his platoon.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I'm positively confident that he got the idea from my original advice. If he continues the same path, those exact words will be screamed by a higher rank. It's better hearing it now.

What same path are you talking about? I clearly stated I plan on getting first class PFT and that I PT on my own just not at the RSS. The question was merely what are the consequences of getting a 2nd class PFT score, not hey I am presently getting a 5 on the PFT what will happen to me am I going to make it.

I dont know why you just assume that because I am asking this question that I apparently am not PTing and have already given up. It wasnt a loaded question it was something I was just wondering about.

But yes Lance Corporal I did get what you were referring to.

My apologies for the double tap.

I dont mean to sound disrespectful but I dont like the assumption that I am just skating and I am some ****bird. I PT on my own I cant PT with the RSS as I work full time 0700 to 1650 1700. When my RSS PTs at 0900 and then again at 1400 what am I supposed to do with bills and a wife pray tell? Obviously with a month to ship ill be changing it up to going there to PT but still to just assume that Im not PTing at all is quite disrespectful.

In most cases, the only person you'll be hurting is yourself. For example, my job requires brains and barely any brawn. A couple guys in my shop are fatasses who sit on the couch all day long and play CoD. They're great techs... they'll also be getting out as lance coolies.

I don't know whether this is a good or bad thing about the Marine Corps, but you ARE judged based on your physical fitness. Even in jobs where physical fitness means nothing. I can run my sergeant into the dirt, so he gives me the special jobs and trusts me to run stuff when he's gone. There's another lance corporal who's a YEAR senior to me... but he's fat, and they don't trust him.

As for PTing with the RSS, do it when you can. The point of the DEP is to help you out. It really doesn't matter to the recruiter whether you graduate boot camp as the honor grad or as Private Pyle; as long as you're prepared to fulfill the minimum requirements, the recruiter's job is done. Everything else is just gravy.

I would strongly recommend slaying yourself for pullups. If you can get good pullups, you can breeze through to a first class. There's no way you'll leave boot camp not doing 100 crunches, so if you get 20 pullups, all you have to do is a passing run (28:00) and you have a solid first class. Every pullup you add is the same as shaving 50 seconds off your run. I suggest getting a pullup bar and put it on your bathroom door, do a max set every time you go in and every time you go out.

Awesome thank you gentlemen for your responses. I plan on being at my RSS 2 days a week minimum from now till I ship. I broke the 100 mark for my crunches and I am now at a 12:00 for my 1.5 mile. Met my new recruiter he was on the Marine wrestling team and is a pt LOVER so Im planning on a butt whuppin from now till the 13th of November. I am definately moto right now. I also got 3rd bn Lima co. So I am sure ill get massacred either way.

A little over a month till you ship. That is a lot of time to make good progress.

Your pull-ups are low. Do them in sets and build them up. For instance, do 4 sets of 3 or 4. The next week, add to it so you can do 4 sets of 4 or five. Do not do them every day. The muscles used need time to heal. On off days do other weight work such as dips, close grip bench, incline press, etc. I like lat pull-downs, too, but others on this site don't, so to each his own.

Your crunches are looking good. Keep working on it and develop rythm to it.

Too many of you guys are focused just on the 1.5 mile run. That is bare minimum. Build up your mileage before you go. If you are running 1.5 to 2, start building it up. In the next four weeks, you can easily progressively build up to 4 miles. I prefer running minutes, not miles. So if you are running 12 minutes, then run 12 minutes, walk one minute, then run 5 minutes, and progressively build that up to the point you are running 30 minutes. If you want more on a running program pm me.

PT'g with your RSS is good, but if you can't, then you can't. But you can always make time on your own, and the bottom line is to just keep at it.

Thread Information