Hugging In Boxing?
Create Post

Hugging In Boxing?

Due to the recent events between Mayweather and Victor Ortiz I believe that hugging should be banned from the sport.

Ref calls time touch gloves and come out boxing. Illimunates the gray area.

I mean you are out there trying to knock your opponents block off and visa versa why would you give him a hug anyway?

Cpl Kev

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    That Nibbling on tha EAR Chit gotta Stop toooo (MIKE TYSON)

Worthless as Mike Tyson at a Spelling B I tell you.

I'm glad Mayweather crushed him for his mistake, never let your guard down in a fight,, NEVER.

I love boxing. I have some great memories of Daddy and I watching Friday night boxing back in the late 50's, brought you you by Barbasol shaving cream and Gillette razors blades.
    I agree, something needs to be done with the hugging chit. It hurts boxing's reputation when a fighter accepts a fight, only to hug the entire match, just for the paycheck. What happened to fighting for your honor, bragging rights, and pride in knowing that you gave the best you could, with the paycheck being secondary. I guess that all went out the window with Holyfield's ear. My daughter and I have given up on it for the UFC. A long hug there will get you several knees in the thigh or hip.

Semper Fi

Credits
    Savings
    Hugging?? You're joking, right? It's called a clinch...and it's an old item in boxing....here's a definition:

Boxing . an act or instance of one or both boxers holding the other about the arms or body in order to prevent or hinder the opponent's punches.

it wasn't that kind of clinch, it was the second attempt at a gay apology from an outmatched Ortiz for delivering an intentional headbutt, that landed. then Ortiz got dropped

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    when i boxed it was called tieing up...that was when the other guy was puting a few hay makers about your head and sholder houseing you could give yourself a cupple seconds to clear your head and think bout what to do to get the rest of the round done on your feet...and maybe get him a little more tierd trying to get you to let go....only had to do it a few times...had a heck of a left myself....did good till they put me in the ring with a kid 18 and 40 pounds heavier then me....i was15...dam he could hit hard...i never went down but dont remember most of the last round...was beating him till i got to cocky and thinkin i was somethin...dam he could hit hard...did i say that already??

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    beating him till i got to cocky and thinkin i was somethin...dam he could hit hard...did i say that already??
    Punch Drunk?

Thread Information