SEC Sports - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: SEC Sports

Marine Free Member AAV Crewchief's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    BAMA should be a solid #2 after Okla St loss and Oregon's loss to USC.

Ughhh. What a terrible weekend for the Big 12. The SEC clearly sits on the top of the college football world again. I enjoyed the first game between LSU and Alabama, but I really don't want a re-match in a BCS title game... Not to mention, what happens if Arkansas beats LSU. Holy crap, this is making my brain hurt.

I'm just praying the Sooner defense shows up this week against Iowa St. They can still win the Big 12 if they beat the Cyclones and then beat Ok. State in Bedlam the following week. It just ticks me off because with Oregon losing it was all there in front of them, even with the Texas Tech loss.

If Arkansas does beat LSU, how do they decide who represents the west against Georgia? I know when we had a 3-way tie in the Big 12 South a couple of years ago they used the BCS standings.

Yep, they will use the BCS standings, but LSU won't have to worry about that after today, will they Linda?
    The Hogs do have a record of upsetting us, as in 07 in a triple OT game, 50/48 Arkansas, but we still went on to play and win the National Title.
    No doubt it's going to be a damn good game.
    And as usual, the BCS standings is top heavy with SEC teams.

Well, I'm hoping for a re-match of LSU & BAMA. Some folks don't want to see it happen, but the SEC needs a clear Champion to settle who is the best. Otherwise, there will alway's be doubt. If LSU wins, then they deserve it.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No doubt here! We beat Bama in their house!
    And we be having pork BBQ here shortly.

Marine Free Member AAV Crewchief's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    So, does anything get proven if Bama wins the rematch? Seems like LSU has everything to lose now with a rematch.

What he said!

AND what I said before, "We were best that day!"

Sooo the way I see it is; "WE beat Bama in their house" good enough for me, we don't have a thing to prove by giving them a rematch.

LSU and Bama is an even match,,,, even match goes to us for the above statement.

I'm giving Bama a lot of credit here, but they deserve it.

I tried to give da Hawgs a little credit as a team in my above score prediction, I also think they deserve a little respect.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LuFX-jariRs?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Sorry about the date type o on the screenshot of Les. I change the photo and it should correct itself eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by jamielang1951 View Post
    What he said!

AND what I said before, "We were best that day!"

Sooo the way I see it is; "WE beat Bama in their house" good enough for me, we don't have a thing to prove by giving them a rematch.

LSU and Bama is an even match,,,, even match goes to us for the above statement.

I'm giving Bama a lot of credit here, but they deserve it.

As been stated re;(paraphrased); " What does LSU have to gain by a re-match with Bama"
    and "we don't have anything to prove by a re-match".

Ah Contraire; If there were no re-match's in sports; there would be no sports! Re-match's occur in every sport that I know of; so why shouldn't there be one between the number 1 & 2 college football teams.

Because of our records for THIS year.
    I will concede that if we become a one loss team,,like Bama,,you should get the rematch

Thread Information