I didn't lie so recruiter won't work with me - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks for the responses everyone. I just wanted you all to know that I spoke with the SNCOIC, and that there is apparently some sort of misunderstanding there. According to her, the sergeant didn't want me to lie, but knew I was "disqualifying myself" by telling MEPS about this stuff. There is still a chance with me and the Corps, but something seems fishy about the whole thing. Just don't make any rash judgement about these Marines based on my side of the story from earlier because apparently there seems to be more to it. Thanks again.

You now need a BUMED waiver to enlist. You will have to take the methacoline challenge and have your results read by the bureau of navy medicine. Along with that, you will have to be tested for eczema and the result has to show that you don't have it. Once you have that done, and you bring the documentation to your recruiter should be able to put together a BUMED waiver for you which could take up to 6 months to come back either approved, denied or resubmit. It will be the same for any branch because DoD enlistment standards remain the same across the board.

There is nothing you can do at this point but wait for the waiver process to go through and hope for the best. A piece of advice, don't read into what a recruiter is telling you. Listen to what he or she is saying. Most of us choose our words carefully for the very reason demonstrated here: people expect us to be dishonest.

Good luck to you. I have seen a few BUMEDs for asthma go through just fine. Never one for eczema though.

Quote Originally Posted by afraziaaaa View Post
    You now need a BUMED waiver to enlist. You will have to take the methacoline challenge and have your results read by the bureau of navy medicine. Along with that, you will have to be tested for eczema and the result has to show that you don't have it. Once you have that done, and you bring the documentation to your recruiter should be able to put together a BUMED waiver for you which could take up to 6 months to come back either approved, denied or resubmit. It will be the same for any branch because DoD enlistment standards remain the same across the board.

There is nothing you can do at this point but wait for the waiver process to go through and hope for the best. A piece of advice, don't read into what a recruiter is telling you. Listen to what he or she is saying. Most of us choose our words carefully for the very reason demonstrated here: people expect us to be dishonest.

Good luck to you. I have seen a few BUMEDs for asthma go through just fine. Never one for eczema though.
    Thanks for posting on here Staff Sergeant. The SNCOIC of the RSS told me that I may not have to have BUMED waiver, so maybe she knows something that I didn't convey on here.

The plan right now that the SNCOIC and I agreed on is to go to a dermatologist and see if I have eczema. If I do that and they say I don't have eczema then I won't put it on my forms.

I will keep you all posted!

Thread Information