Just Found Out I'm Leaving In 2 Weeks (Airframe Mechs??)
Create Post
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Just Found Out I'm Leaving In 2 Weeks (Airframe Mechs??)

First off, just like to say hi to everyone in the forums. I've been lurking around for a while now, but I just decided to join. My ship out date was in March, but my recruiter just called me up today and asked if I wanted to ship out in 2 weeks. I was pretty shocked, but excited as hell. So needless to say I hopped all over it. He put me in the job airframe mechanic for right now, but it's not really what I wanted. I'm not really the mechanic type, although I qualify for everything. He said he'll try to find me one of the jobs I wanted before I leave, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to get this job.

Anyways, I was just wondering if there were any airframe mechanics out there who had some wisdom to give me? Thanks Marines!

P.S. I'll be headed to San Diego for basic.

A bit more of a profile would be great......site rules, which can be found in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums.
    You may want to PM Sgt Leprechaun and ask him to move this to the Ask A Marine forum since most Marines aren't allowed to post in the poolee forum.
    And......it's boot camp/recruit training, not basic. There's nothing basic about Marine Corps boot camp.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Ah sorry I got it filled out, and I'll message him.

No worries. Moved it. Carry on.

Airframe Mechanics basically work on the bones and blood of the aircraft selected. Hydraulics/pumps/plumbing, Landing Gear, flight surfaces, windscreens, etc.

Not the worst occupation out their IMO.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Not the worst? That's good lol

Just be ready to get those olive green coveralls very, very dirty.

At least you won't have to work as hard as Flightline...

Also beware of the hyd fluid (I was a 6152) it will make you crap yourself if you ingest it........which like any good airframes mech will happen sometime in your tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Also beware of the hyd fluid (I was a 6152) it will make you crap yourself if you ingest it........which like any good airframes mech will happen sometime in your tour.

Airframer Mech is a pretty solid job. Im a powerliner myself, so we basically work hand in hand together. In school there is always battles between framers and liners saying which is better. Pay attention in school, learn as much as you can. When you hit the fleet, pay very close attention, memorize everything, if they need something done, no matter what, stand up right away and get on it dont wait to be asked. They are all small tips but it gives you a good name and keeps people off your back.

Thread Information