Would I be able to go to scout/sniper school before/after I go through Force Recon?
Create Post

Would I be able to go to scout/sniper school before/after I go through Force Recon?

I would like to enlist after I graduate high school but I am confused? I want to do combat dive but I also want to do scout/sniper school. Would I be able to go through both schools, can I go through Force Recon as well?

Last edited by shcadwick0808; 09-18-11 at 08:08 PM. Reason: I forgot a part of one of the questions.

I will give you credit for completing the profile. Also, who is the GySgt in your photo?

Because of that, and ONLY because of those things, I'm not going to toss you out.

Do some reading, here. Use our 'search' feature, after you read the site rules and the stickies located in this thread.

This question has been asked scores of times in one form or another. And answered.

First, you need to concentrate on getting through Recruit Training...or even being eligible to enlist. Have you spoken with a recruiter? If not, why?

Answer the above questions and we'll go from there.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Lep,,,, I wanna shoot. Please, please, please.........

Hahaha, I needed a good pick me up, thanks.

LOLZ. Spark, check out the profile. That's why I'm being....lenient...LOL

Sgt Lep...the OP is only 16 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by shcadwick0808 View Post
    I would like to enlist after I graduate high school but I am confused? I want to do combat dive but I also want to do scout/sniper school. Would I be able to go through both schools, can I go through Force Recon as well?
    Sure why not? But be mindful you are not going to be put into a Force company without being a seasoned operator. And your image of recon is not what it is nowadays. Unless we get into a conventional war, us recon marines are obsolete. Our main mission is playing a heavy infantry role, think rangers but on a smaller scale. If your wanting to do the high speed sexy stuff your best bet is MARSOC bud. Don't get me wrong Recon is an excellent launching point for your military career, gives you a very strong foundation.

Thank you Sgt. Leprechaun, I was just wondering if I would be able to if I ever was given the chance. That is a photo of my Grandfathers headstone from Arlington. I have spoken with a recruiter and I do P.T. with him every Wednesday, or when I can. I am still not very familiar with this website so I am sorry if I offended anyone, but I am just curios. I will try to do the things you suggested, thank you.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The sky is the limit on the schools those Marines can attend and is not limited to just schools provided by the Marine Corps.

I served with the 3RD Reconnaissance BN, 3RD Marines - Quang Tri 1969. I was selected to attend Scout Sniper School in Danang and graduated in early October 1969. I believe the opportunity presented itself because I was already in a Reconnaissance BN at the time and qualified platoon #2 high shooter in boot camp.

It's a different Marine Corps today. Focus on boot camp first and foremost.

Quote Originally Posted by shcadwick0808 View Post
    Thank you Sgt. Leprechaun, I was just wondering if I would be able to if I ever was given the chance. That is a photo of my Grandfathers headstone from Arlington. I have spoken with a recruiter and I do P.T. with him every Wednesday, or when I can. I am still not very familiar with this website so I am sorry if I offended anyone, but I am just curios. I will try to do the things you suggested, thank you.
    Soooo many want scout/sniper...etc., etc. You have several hurdles that you need to get over first. First one will be whether you are even eligible to enlist. You're 16. Don't screw up your eligibility by doing ANY drug and stay out of trouble. If you are eligible, your next hurdle will be boot camp, next is MOS school, which I assume you will want to be 03xx. You want to know if you will be able to if given the chance. Sure, if given the chance and there are no barriers, you will be able to just as much as the Marine next to you.

You are on the right path. Keep talking with the recruiter, express your interest in what you want to do, ask him/her these questions, too, and build a good relationship like you are doing by running with him/her.

You didn't offend anyone. There are certain rules to follow here you will find as stickies, and sometimes there are certain types of questions that look like the typical troll. Some of us can get pretty crotchety at times. Just roll with it and you'll do fine.

Thread Information