Site Suggestions - Page 12
Create Post
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
    I believe over time you will find that some of us (the Mods) disappear. We are probably on a trial basis where they will find out who can and cannot do the job. I have found at times my personal bias gets in the way of making rational decisions on when or if to shut down a thread or remove comments.

It is a tough job to be judge and jury on items here. Lep deserves a lot of credit and kudos.

Semper Fidelis,
    DrZ

"Some people live an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference in the world, Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Regan

DrZ is the internet name I selected in the early days at University. So keep in mind I never was a DevilDoc.
    Si Vis Pacem Para bellum

Just an FYI for anyone...on this new format I found Internet Explorer 8 to be extremely slow when making a post or changing pages. Half the time spent on the forum was sitting and waiting for pages to load. IE8 and Leatherneck just didn't seem to work well together. I use Firefox for this forum now and it gets the job done relatively quickly.

Administrator Platinum Member Rocky C's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Ken, I use Internet Explorer 9 with Microsoft Silverlight 5 and it's fast and clear here.

Semper Fidelis,
    Rocky

All Marine, All The Time......

.... . / ..-. . .-- --..-- - .... . / .--. .-. --- ..- -.. --..-- - .... . / -- .- .-. .. -. . ... .-.-.-

question, are we still working out the kink on this new web design,, and can anyone tell me why most of the time, when i post a quick post, why it sends me to advanced and then tell me that i have to wait 60 sec. before a post a second post, when i did not try to post a double,,

The Proud, The Few, The Constitutional Marine

The answer to your question is Yes.
    The powers that be ARE still working on numerous things.
    Hang in there..

Commander CT 31-1
    Combat Vets Association

Quote Originally Posted by irpat54 View Post
    question, are we still working out the kink on this new web design,, and can anyone tell me why most of the time, when i post a quick post, why it sends me to advanced and then tell me that i have to wait 60 sec. before a post a second post, when i did not try to post a double,,
    Same thing happens to me.

k,, thanks

The Proud, The Few, The Constitutional Marine

Does anybody else think that it would be better to shut this website down until it is repaired then to go on like it is?

No
    edited to add
    Be patient.. things will be better...

Last edited by ChuckH; 05-10-12 at 09:57 AM.
    Commander CT 31-1
    Combat Vets Association

We need an Armory Section where members can share photos, weapons re-loading data and so forth..

These are Marines after all...

A little thing. There is a "home" post at bottom of the page, can they put a duplicate "home" post at top of page? Thanks, by the way, I think this is a great website! I read many of my brothers remarks, and think about them a lot. Semper Fi!

Squad Leader Free Member thewookie's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Miner View Post
    A little thing. There is a "home" post at bottom of the page, can they put a duplicate "home" post at top of page? Thanks, by the way, I think this is a great website! I read many of my brothers remarks, and think about them a lot. Semper Fi!
    There kinda already is, Gary.

At the top of each page if you hover and then click on the Leatherneck logo -- it will take you to the Leatherneck website homepage.

Good luck, Marine.

thanks, didn't know that!

Any suggestions I might have had were fulfilled with this new look. Love seeing the red again, it gives the site are far better look more like the original.

Looks great!

Love the new look awesome !!!! sir. Awesome

Thread Information