Site Suggestions - Page 8
Create Post
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Conch View Post
    Why was the site upgraded in the first place? I don't see what was wrong with the old one. Just wondering, or am I going to banned for just asking?
    Look at the new "ADVERTISEMENTS"
    It is called a Profit Motive...Easily understandable.

Squad Leader Free Member thewookie's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Conch View Post
    Why was the site upgraded in the first place? I don't see what was wrong with the old one. Just wondering, or am I going to banned for just asking?
    HAHA - NO SOUP FOR YOU!

Marines love to b1tch, I love it.

Most of the forums that I've gone to over the years periodically upgrade their sites. Being an IT person, I can see a few good reasons. It's good to keep it fresh. I've been wondering when it would happen here. Google is throwing out some money to advertise -- why not grab some?

It's not as easy on the eyes as the old one was. But, I'm sure it will be modified in the coming days, weeks, whatever.

Speak up, that's the only way changes can be made. And that is why the thread was created.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Wookie,,,you being a trator and all [squad leader] aside, I agree with ya a bit. I hate cell phones, e-tickets, computers, and living with all the dam spy cameras around. Things do change,, makes me glad I'm old enough not to care much. If there's honest money to be had, I'm all for it. Change,,,,I imagine I will learn to hate Depends some day.

Administrator Platinum Member Rocky C's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    As a Moderator I really don't know what else to say other than what I have already said.

Things will get all squared away soon. Please don't take anything too personnal. Everyone is in a frenzy on the site. Take a breath and try and relax.

What I haven't said is that I am thankful that we have a Forum to bullchit on and share or stories good or bad.

We are Family here and I don't know what I would do without you all.

Thank you all for your Friendship, Service, Sacrifices, Sharing and Caring.

Hang in there.

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Semper Fidelis,
    Rocky

All Marine, All The Time......

.... . / ..-. . .-- --..-- - .... . / .--. .-. --- ..- -.. --..-- - .... . / -- .- .-. .. -. . ... .-.-.-

Personally, I think this new design is a little better than the old one, with the exception of that annoying pop up thing that keeps asking me to login over and over. If that thing can be got rid of, I think this new design would be better. I do have to agree with Conch and some of the others though, I personally don't think it's right to ban someone just because they say they don't like the design.

They weren't banned because they said they didn't like the design. People are free to their opinions. However when a person relentlessly is being negative then that becomes an issue. Both were given a warning. Neither headed that warning. So thats when a person gets banned.

Semper Fi!
    All Marine! All The Time!

Shaffer, I posted yesterday on that other thread that had the gripes but appears to be taken down that the ad for University of Phoenix, if you click on it, it takes you back to leatherneck.com.

The pop-up I know you are familiar with. Somebody up above said if you know the solution to PM you. Not sure, but yesterday it would pop up once, and I would cancel it, and then not pop up again until I click on a different thread. Today it pops up and if I click cancel or close, it pops up and take four time consecutive to get rid of it. The pop-up on my computer reads, "The server www.leatherneck.com at requires a username and password. Warning: This server is requesting that your username and password be sent in an insecure manner (basic authentication without a secure connection)."

Lastly, and only as a suggestion, I know there were a few who were pretty vocal about their dissatification with the new site, and as somebody said in the other thread, that's what Marines do best is biotch, so maybe a 30 day ban might be better than a permaban. I didn't continue to read on, though, so I didn't see the warning.

And I agree with Rhode Island, switching to a new system takes time to get the bugs out.

Nobody has been perma banned.

Try deleting your cookies and clearing your cache. That should fix the popup.

Semper Fi!
    All Marine! All The Time!

I have every trust and confidence that this will, in time, get better. The first few days are ALWAYS bumpy, and I, like everyone else, will have a distinct learning curve. Give it time. No, I'm not saying all this because I'm a moderator, that has ZERO to do with it. I'm not a fan of 'change' much, myself, but there are times that it has to be done to keep relevant, or to have a better business model. Failure to adapt to certain situations puts you/us right into the buggywhip industry......and we all know what happened to THEM.

I weep for what this country is becoming, and fear for my children and grandchildren's future if any more democrats gain national office. We lose more and more freedoms every single day to creeping nannystatism and those who vote for Democrats only want to increase that. Anyone voting for a 'dem' is someone who likely wants to take everything YOU have worked for and mortgage your kids future as well.
    v/r
    The Malignant Leprechaun

I personally have no problems with the changes being implemented, and if it makes the site better, then we all will be better off.. I also don't mind the advertisments if it can make the site better off financially. It's the American way. Nothing wrong with capitalism.

The only difficulties I have seen is the pop up's, and I will do as Jerry suggested; clear the cookies and cache. The other is that I was told that their profile was taken off. I understand that this didn't happen.

I would suggest, that if there are members, who don't have their profiles filled out, that a program be implemented to delete them.

Otherwise, we are Marines; we are trained to overcome and adapt!

Semper Fi & Thanks for updating the site!

Part of our character comes from being able to adapt and overcome. I'm an old dog, but I can still learn new tricks.

Mongoose

don't know if it has been asked about before, but i would like to see the "buddies on line list back up again,,i did like that,, as for the change,, oh well ,, improvise adapt and over come

The Proud, The Few, The Constitutional Marine

i just have one more little thing,,,is it just my computer or does every one have a problem with the system updating when a new post is added to a thread,,, when i hit home i notice that a lot of times the thread is not updated to show my post and i have to go back , sometimes 2 or 3 time to get it to update,, just wondering if it is a common problem the maybe some one will look into it,, thanks

The Proud, The Few, The Constitutional Marine

Credits
    Savings
    Being this is a "Suggestion box" thread,string, thingamajiggy, whatchamacallit.

Hows about keeping this thr3ad for suggestions.
    start another thread for COMPLAINTS
    start another thread for BUG REPORTING

I really feel discussions belong someplace else other than the suggestion box.
    also feel complaints may be warrented some where that valid arguments may be presented and considered...WHO knows, there may be a common ground and an alternitive that meets more than one warm body. AND doesnt impinge
    on profitability of the site.
    Many times you 'll hear more brilliance than Bull if you take the time to listen.

SemperFi people

Last edited by Lisa 23; 03-03-12 at 10:10 AM. Reason: No skirting of the swear censor is allowed per Shaffer.

I cleared the cookies and cache per Shaffers suggestion, and the pop-up went away. There is another glitch that I was hoping it would fix as well, but it still persdists.

When reading a post, and want to click off that current thread to go to another, their is a noticable time lasp before the computer re-loads. This does not happen on other sites that I belong to,only this one. So Shaffer, if you have another fix, please advise.

Semper Fi!

Thread Information