Site Suggestions - Page 6
Create Post
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Administrator Platinum Member Rocky C's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftballCatch23 View Post

As I previously suggested, when a member registers, they should be *required* to fill out their profile or their account will not be activated. That would cut down on all the rif raf that end up here.

Agree Lisa

Semper Fidelis,
    Rocky

All Marine, All The Time......

.... . / ..-. . .-- --..-- - .... . / .--. .-. --- ..- -.. --..-- - .... . / -- .- .-. .. -. . ... .-.-.-

Quote Originally Posted by EGTSpec View Post
    How about this for a suggestion: If the site wants volunteers maybe they can PM all who qualify so members don't find out months later. Some of us don't cruise the whole site just specific forums, and threads. So qualified people might not see a notice on just one forum/thead.
    Too many influcts Bob.....

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by EGTSpec View Post
    How about a function that allows the poster to delete his own post after the five minute limit. Not edit it, just delete it at any time. I have posted info I thought was real in the past only to find out later it wasn't. I've had to go back and quote my old post, and declare it false. Would be a lot easier to just be able to delete it. But one plus is, I now double check the vallidity of the info before i post it. (Mostly)

And how does one apply for Squad Leader?
    The delete Idea is a good one, I frequent a site that gives an hour to change or delete
    And I frequent another site that allows 24 hrs, would either of these be possible ? Thanx

The problem with having an option for someone to delete their post is that if someone starts a thread and a bunch of people reply to it with in that first hour or whatever time frame is given to delete said post..the original poster deletes the post and now you have a bunch of replies to a post that is no longer there....
    That would lead to all sorts of confusion...
    I have seen that happen before.

Commander CT 31-1
    Combat Vets Association

I have an Idea,how about instance messaging like face book where as you can see who your brother or anyone who need your help with a post or problem can simple click on the squad leader's name and he can carry on a dialog with him or her and not have to look on the front of the home page to see if there's someone like Sgt. Lep. or any of the squad leaders around to help them out..
    That way we don't have to PM anyone they can see we are here..

What do you think Boss???

Marine1955....
    I'm guessing what you mean is that the system that's in chat when you message someone while chatting with everyone else, you would like here on the main boards.....but for members to instantly chat with Admin and Mods only.

Credits
    Savings
    a lot of SUCKING up in here , have you noticed ??????

I dont know if anyone else in here has a problem posting and the site replys that i am not logged on.(when i darned well know i am , and have )then cant get to search where i was before...

THAT "last posts in 24 hours" would be handy to have as a button for us non nerds.

oh,
    and how about asking the person that had the idea what they had in mind..Might save a ton

Squad Leader Free Member Zulu 36's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by m14ed View Post
    a lot of SUCKING up in here , have you noticed ??????

I dont know if anyone else in here has a problem posting and the site replys that i am not logged on.(when i darned well know i am , and have )then cant get to search where i was before...

THAT "last posts in 24 hours" would be handy to have as a button for us non nerds.

oh,
    and how about asking the person that had the idea what they had in mind..Might save a ton

Have you seen the "New Posts" link in the upper left area called "My Info"? It's below the saluting Marine and the internal links. Those are the new posts since you last logged on. Click on it and you are given a list of the threads, etc, where the new posts are.

Islamifascists delenda est

Quote Originally Posted by SoftballCatch23 View Post
    Marine1955....
    I'm guessing what you mean is that the system that's in chat when you message someone while chatting with everyone else, you would like here on the main boards.....but for members to instantly chat with Admin and Mods only.

Yep-per that be right.

Sounds like a good idea to me Marine1955!

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    PTSD site bit the dust, o well
    guess i have to talk to my
    self now. no biggie keep on keepen on, s/f

PTSD is in the Marine only forums.

Semper Fi!
    All Marine! All The Time!

Credits
    Savings
    Ok in the old THE FEW site they had a neat little password you could put in
    every time you posted. So if you post lets something you had second thoughts about saying you could delete that post by using your password.
    I got to tell you it work well, sometimes I would post something and after I posted it I saw alot of spelling mistakes, I could go back and delete it, or you could say something in anger to or about another Marine then think better of it after. You could just go and delete it.

Jerry any word on the phone app?

I think an improvement to Leatherneck would be to have a Book Review,
    Movie Review, and For Sale forum. For Marines and Doc's only.

Thread Information