Site Suggestions
Create Post
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Exclamation Site Suggestions

A new forum has been setup for members to make suggestions on how to improve Leatherneck.com. Please post and elaborate your ideas here.

Serious suggestions only please. Any foolish posts will be deleted and the user banned from this forum.

Semper Fi!
    All Marine! All The Time!

Credits
    Savings
    Easy to ask.,,, Might not be so easy to do though.

a built in function to REQUIRE *Fields on profile (to be filled in )before FNG's can move forward towards posting (reguardless of type of profile background).

that in its-self would probibly cut down 99% of the gripe most of what i read on
    site newbies violate.
    reguardless of poolee, family, friend , or Marine.

Will all the old threads be migrated, just the newest ones or none. I spend a huge amount of time searching for the best videos and would like to know if I need to go back and save the best ones URL (Uniform Resource Locator).

Thanks.

Administrator Platinum Member Rocky C's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    I think a Great Idea Jerry would be to offer a " Life Member " option so we wouldn't have to remember to re-up every year.

Just like DAV memberships.

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Semper Fidelis,
    Rocky

All Marine, All The Time......

.... . / ..-. . .-- --..-- - .... . / .--. .-. --- ..- -.. --..-- - .... . / -- .- .-. .. -. . ... .-.-.-

Squad Leader Free Member Apache's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Concur with m 14 ed

Similar to a lot of other sites
    The registration will not progress unless required fields are completed.
    I'm not the site set up whiz--- seems easy enough.

Squad Leader Free Member Zulu 36's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I also concur with m14ed.

My suggested required profile items are:

First name (Initial OK)
    Last name
    Rank at discharge from the Corps
    City/State of current residence (just state OK, I think)
    Boot Camp location
    Platoon number
    Graduation date
    Year entered Corps
    Year left Corps
    Duty stations (just bases OK, but units also preferred)

Ship date for poolees
    Recruiter's name for poolees
    Recruiter's phone number for poolees

Anything else can be totally optional.

Allow any tasteful avatar for all members.

Islamifascists delenda est

Profile info is just non verified items,the "required" items can be found anywhere on the net.There are more than a few from TL who admit to multiple false member names and info.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I think I'm afraid to post here. But you know, we don't have to worry about talking to a lot of non Marine posers 'round here. That has been sucessful. I might like to see more local renunions. little ones. just among us. Just gettin together among brothers.
    Can Leatherneck make that kinda arrangement/thread? Could some stick to that?

This may be on the site and I just haven't found it yet, and if it is please send me a PM telling me where to find it and I will stand corrected.

I belong to a site re; SOCNET, and as you would imagine we experience POSERS who claim to be or have been special operators. These folks are vetted by a group of people who use available resources if a POSER is suspected.

I don't know if this type of vetting system is in place on this site. If not, why not?

It's not,SOCNET is young.Think about the numbers of Marines since 1940 and you will know why a vetting system is not here.

I believe a few minuets one on one in chat would quickly expose a poser. Say for instance someone claims to be a Vietnam Vet. A few Vietnamese words or Americanize Vietnamese words would expose him. Like the word Doc use in a post the other day, COM SA, I immediately knew what it meant. Or Chieu Hoi, dinky dau, didi, didi Mau, words that I will remember till the day I die.

Squad Leader Free Member Sergeant M's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Similar to online gaming: Have a system that allows a certain percentage of people in the chatroom to ban someone for a limited period of time. 1 Person requests to kick, and the other members get a notification "Would you like to kick 'Username' from chat?" If a certain percentage of people in the chat room click yes, then the user is banned from chat for 1 hour.

Safe sex or no sex, and no sex with the same sex!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    A daily listing of new joins could be helpful with the profile issue. Current members could look at new joins profiles and offer to assist them in setting up their profile if warrented. Force everyone who lists their status as Marine to fill in a few things in thier profile and give them a grace period of say a week to get it done posting privilages begin when a few required fields are filled in. Set it so they can view but not post or reply until this has been accomplished.

Set up a terms and conditions of use page (not a sticky) and make all new members read and acknowlege that they have done same by checking a box and clicking a submit button.

Take away the optional visitor message in profile set up. Make everyone allow it. Right now members who do allow visitor messages get notified when they get a new one and can opt to leave it there for all to see or delete it. That is a good thing that all members should have.

The distance between the period and the beginning of the next sentence is two spaces not one. If you are using a replace string function to remove extra spaces from within a sentence it could easilly be modified to recognize a period, exclamation point and question mark followed by two spaces and not apply formatting.

Other military websites are not competing with this one for buisness nor are they stealing buisness from this site. It is very possible to belong to more than one forum. Take the other forums out of the filter.

Revamp the credits thing or get rid of it.

A time limit on editing is a good thing but I think the current limit is too short.

The ability to give a post a oohrah without commenting!

editing deadline beyond 5 minutes...

Thread Information