Marine Corps League Seal
Create Post

Marine Corps League Seal

Our detachment is looking to get a seal made - you know, a little brass button that measures about x.

Does anyone know where our detachment can get a Marine Corps League seal or have one made? Every place we find wants our arm and our leg for the work. A custom design is good, but anything beats what we have (nothing!). It looks like the Marine Corps logo, but includes the word League on it.

Like this would be fine:

If we could get our chapter on it, that'd be even better!

Try Sgt Grit @www.grunt.com

Damn. Easy to get distracted on that website!

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp2usmc View Post
    Damn. Easy to get distracted on that website!
    But they can make it .
    Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Quote Originally Posted by jp2usmc View Post
    Our detachment is looking to get a seal made - you know, a little brass button that measures about x.

Does anyone know where our detachment can get a Marine Corps League seal or have one made? Every place we find wants our arm and our leg for the work. A custom design is good, but anything beats what we have (nothing!). It looks like the Marine Corps logo, but includes the word League on it.

Like this would be fine:

If we could get our chapter on it, that'd be even better!
    The MCL ship store has pins already that look like the picture you posted above, I have a few of them.

Thanks Wookie! They've got stuff ready to go. That might be perfect.

Seal

I found it handy to check with one of the Vocational schools they usually charge just for materials I think they would be glad to help us Marine Vets.

Yikes! Just finished talking to the guy putting this together. He wants a 14-inch diameter seal. That's MUCH larger than I was thinking.

It would be an interesting project for a trade school's machinist's class.Would be fun to see a "3D" milling machine carve it.

Request for MCL Seal

I would direct you to the National Headquarters web site: http://www.mcleague.com/mdp/ for 1. authorization to manufacture and/or 2. possible purchase, through them from an authorized manufacturer.

I Believe there are strict guidelines for the use of the Seal or anycopyright
    (c)symbols of the League and duplication thereof.

Perhaps you should contact your District Adjutant/Paymaster or JAG for assistance.

If it is a large Brass-like casting for an entry door as decoration, I would suggest a local foundry or trophy store that deals with those type of promotional items. In anycase be sure to gain authorization to duplicate the symbol.

Semper Fi,
    Dave Selvy - Adjutant
    Old Marine Corporal and member MCL Mt. Diablo Detachment 942, Lafayette, Ca.

I'm a member of the MCL also. When you go to the National Headquarters site, contact Michael Blum......he's the National Executive Director. His email address can be found under the National Staff roster.

Thread Information