My son graduates TWO WEEKS from TODAY!!!
Create Post
    Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

My son graduates TWO WEEKS from TODAY!!!

Hi all!

I'm a first time poster, but I've lurked a lot....

Just wanted to share my pride, as my son graduates at Parris Island 2 weeks from today!!! I've not once gotten a letter from him where he has been down.....he says he's "beasting" (ha) it!

I thought as time went by and I got closer that it would be easier, but now with so few days left, seems it's driving me crazy!!!!!

Anyway, thanks for letting me boast, and I look forward to "meeting" everyone!

Credits
    Savings

Graduation day................

If at all possible, make it to his graduation day !! You and he will never forget or regret it.
    There are great places to stay,and the weather should be perfect.
    Not to mention the sense of pride on his and your part. S/F Moz

Credits
    Savings
    Absolutely going for both family day, and graduation day!!! I may not ever let him go when I see him!!! I'm just so proud. (and have missed him so!!!)

Credits
    Savings
    Welcome aboard
    Congratulations (a little early)

Enjoy the site and prepare to meet your changed son.

Welcome aucarol!

On Graduation Day you'll be bursting with pride and wiping the tears ... good tears!

The very best to you and your son.

Congratulations to you and your son Aucarol,
    what a great day that will be.

Gung Ho,

Ray Merrell

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    I'd like to see the young man just plain graduate like everyone else.
    Good luck to him. I'd also like to see him go to his own school and duty stations on his own, and again, I wish him luck.
    It's tough to leave home, but when do they do it? While they're young, of course.
    Let him enjoy his enlistment.

Well worth all the hardships when he earns our title, Semper Fidelis.

Congrats! I actually live quite close to PI, I am stationed on MCAS Beaufort. Its fun to see the new Marines out walking around, always brings back the memory of graduation and the feeling I had. It's a feeling I will never be able to forget.

Credits
    Savings
    Thanks everyone!! I'm just so excited I can hardly contain myself!!! He'll begin the crucible early Thursday, and be a Marine (God willing) on Saturday!!!! I want to go SATURDAY!!!! WHy do they make us proud Mamas wait a few days???? hahahaha (I know why, just want to be there!!)

Having just gotten back from my sons graduation...I have to say it really IS the greatest!!!

I couldn't pick him out of the other Marines in the all weather training facility when they marched in there on Family Day...but when they dismissed them, I soon found him....and I will never forget the smile that came across his face when he saw me.

Graduation was also great...I've never been a fan of marching bands, but that Marine band was really good...As I sat there listening to them march I couldn't help but wonder what the Redcoats would have thought if they had heard that tune back in the day, LOL.

He says he would do it all over again in a heartbeat...he enjoyed it...we barely got off the island before he said "I kinda miss it"...

Parris Island has it's on website with family day/graduation day schedules of events.

There is nothing like the sound of a USMC field band playing our hymn. If that doesn't put a lump in your throat you're dead.

Thread Information