Insanity Workout
Create Post

Insanity Workout

Hello fellow Poolees! Also, a hello to any Marines that may stumble upon this thread!

I am going to begin a workout called "Insanity". It is by the same people that endorse P90X. However, this workout is 60 days, rather than the 90 days of P90X. This is perfect for me because I have just around 2 1/2 months until I ship to Parris Island.

I will begin Insanity in about 1-2 week because I injured my hand and can't put too much weight on it as of right now.

ANYWAYS.. the reason I am making this thread is to reach out to other Poolees.
    I want:
    1) To see if any of you have done Insanity and what you think of it.
    2) To document the progress, incase any one of you are looking for some motivation and a new workout!
    AND
    3) To see if anyone would like to join me on this workout! (not in person...that would be creepy of me asking that...) but around the same time.

This program seems like an awesome one because, while its not as physically intense as a PT at the recruiting station, it seems to be very similar. It deals mainly with endurance.. A long stretch of working out, with small (30 second) breaks. Also, it packs a lot of core workouts into it. (perfect to get rid of my gut! )

So, yeah, thats basically it. If someone wants to join (even if we are off a few days or a week) I think it would add some motivation and friendly competition to the workout!
    Plus I thought this forum needed a new topic!

Let me know your thoughts!

I do know that these 2 workouts have been talked about before here in the poolee forum, but I can't seem to find them.

I bought the orig p90x when I first started my weight loss endeavours to join the Corps.

It sat after 2 workouts and I eventually sold it to someone who eventually passed it on. I just feel like I got more of a work out at the gym rather then the own comforts of my home. You can just easily say **** it and go lay down but if you're at a gym you/I don't want to waste my time so I make it worth my while plus have more things I can always do.

Honestly, the recruiters take workouts from insanity. Its really easy but as the workout progresses you become more tired and have to keep up that same fast pace workout that you started out with. You have to follow their meal plan also to achieve the maximum benefits because they help you build/replinish for your workouts and they had stuff I don't eat.

The workouts at the RS isn't that hard but when your energy is low it seems like its the worst thing in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon2HaveEGA843 View Post

Honestly, the recruiters take workouts from insanity. Its really easy but as the workout progresses you become more tired and have to keep up that same fast pace workout that you started out with. You have to follow their meal plan also to achieve the maximum benefits because they help you build/replinish for your workouts and they had stuff I don't eat.

The workouts at the RS isn't that hard but when your energy is low it seems like its the worst thing in the world.
    Yeah that is true. I know current Marines that do Insanity for PT on some days. But, yes, the workouts aren't difficult in any way. However, as the workout progresses you are actually suppose to push harder and go faster. Speed and intensity! Insanity is definitely not a cake walk if you are pushing yourself.

As for the working out at home and running the risk of laziness.. That wont be much of a problem for me. I am use to home workouts. Now the meal plan they provide.....I doubt I will be following!

I prefer P90x. You do 60+ days of that and you will be set for bootcamp. I've done insanity with P90x before and got incredible results but if you have to choose one go with P90X.

Update: I just finished my second day of Insanity. It is freaking awesome. If you do truly push yourself to your limits and don't give a half a** effort through the program, you will most certainly see results. I did not think this program would have me sore, but I do feel some soreness in my legs! Feels good!

Day 3 tomorrow!

Tony: I am going to look into possibly doubling up on the programs, because soon after I finished the Insanity workout, I was ready for more. So I went on a nice little run to calm me down.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon2HaveEGA843 View Post
    I bought the orig p90x when I first started my weight loss endeavours to join the Corps.

It sat after 2 workouts and I eventually sold it to someone who eventually passed it on. I just feel like I got more of a work out at the gym rather then the own comforts of my home. You can just easily say **** it and go lay down but if you're at a gym you/I don't want to waste my time so I make it worth my while plus have more things I can always do.

Insanity definitely isn't easy. If its easy to you then you need to pick up the pace it's designed where you go almost max effort through the entire workout
    So if you're not trying and you're half assing it then yes its a crappy workout, but if you push yourself the entire workout you will be drenched in sweat and just burned way more calories then you would have if you ran for that same amount of time

anyone on topic I just started my second go at it first time I had to stop less then a month in from a bad sprain I got in my ankle
    this time I'm adding in lifting weights and doing body weight exercises right after the workout

Quote Originally Posted by TWDP View Post
    Insanity definitely isn't easy. If its easy to you then you need to pick up the pace it's designed where you go almost max effort through the entire workout
    So if you're not trying and you're half assing it then yes its a crappy workout, but if you push yourself the entire workout you will be drenched in sweat and just burned way more calories then you would have if you ran for that same amount of time

anyone on topic I just started my second go at it first time I had to stop less then a month in from a bad sprain I got in my ankle
    this time I'm adding in lifting weights and doing body weight exercises right after the workout
    Well said. I have to put a towel down in my house because of the sweat pouring off of me! haha Today was harder than yesterday due to some soreness in my legs. (lots of squatting and jumping)

How far along are you on your second go at it?

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregs7130 View Post
    Well said. I have to put a towel down in my house because of the sweat pouring off of me! haha Today was harder than yesterday due to some soreness in my legs. (lots of squatting and jumping)

How far along are you on your second go at it?
    This is the first week right now so we probably started at the same time
    It's a great workout though I did P90x for a few months and didn't really have any improvements except in muscle mass more pull ups and push ups and the hardest cardio workout on p90x isn't as hard as the easiest on insanity

whereas with insanity with the three weeks or so that I did it my run improved by a minute or so, my crunches went up from 98 to 135, my pullups stayed pretty much the same which is why I'm adding in the weights this go around

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I liked Insanity.
    I also liked P90x. Have both, done both albeit never finished either due to changes in required workout classes (DEPT PT, school weight training classes). I intend to do P90x second trimester when I don't have a weight training class.

Thread Information