Is there still hazing in the Marine Corps? - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    Only if you are UNDER age will this be a major issue. And then only if you do something galactically stupid.

There are restrictions of course but if this is what you are worried about.....

It's not something to get worked up over

Ok thank you for clearing it up Sgt.

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    In this day and age of having to know every single thing before it happens, just drink and do pushups til you pass out, at home, that way you will be prepared for at least that one part of hazing.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    LOL @ Haskins!!!

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Don't sweat the petty sh!t.
    Just look forward to the day when you can go back home and pet the sweaty shiat!

Don't get yourself all riled up about hazing....or special instructions....just like DrZ said it will teach you discipline unless you die on the quarterdeck.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosch67 View Post
    He told me that one time he had to drink and do-push ups untill he passed out or untill the other Marine did so im worried about that kind of stuff.
    Hmmm...interesting.

So...here's what you do, train for it, drink 5 glasses of water a day and build it up to 25 a day, and after each glass, do 10 pushups, and build that up by 5 each week. Before you know it, you'll be drinking 25 glasses a day and doing 150 pushups after each glasss!!!!

There. Issue resolved!

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    At least no one will haze you and biatch because you didn't keep yourself hydrated!

But seriously...(well, partially serious in that post in the sense that you need to drink more water as you increace PT)...but major on the major and minor on the minor.

Besides, that's not hazing. Hazing is doing something to somebody or having them do some as an initiation into a group, like a frat or something.

And if this happens to you, pace youself. Let the other recruit do the passing out. Stuff will happen in boot camp, and sometimes you think, man, why are they killing us for no reason. There's always a reason, and if for nothing else, it's discipline and PT.

In the summer of '09 on family vacation I took 4 of my daughters and my son to MCRD San Diego and I had arranged with the depot Sergeant Major to meet us and give us a tour. Now, mind you, only a former Marine does something like this on a family vacation - lol - but my kids loved it. Toward the end of the tour, my then 20 year old daughter mentioned that she hadn't seen a D.I. bark the head off a recruit yet, you know, like you see in the posters. So the SSgt giving us the tour who was a SDI, went and spoke in the ear of a D.I., and he spoke to another D.I., and some poor unsuspecting recruit walking back to formation got to put on a show.

So the kid got to stand up, get down, stand up, get down, get out of here, get back here, get out of here, get back here, bends and thrusts, etc. while two D.I.s exercised their vocal chords.

You know what? He lived. He eventually got back in formation a little sweater than the others, but he had a better workout too!! LOL.

Don't sweat it. They train thousands and thousands of recruits ever year and they know what they are doing.

I'm quite certain he wasn't talking about drinking water

Quote Originally Posted by Bosch67 View Post
    Good Afternoon Marines,

I have been thinking of joining the Marine Corps but I am a bit worried about hazing. My dad was a Marine and he told me a few story's about being hazed and It got me wondering if it still goes on today and if it does how bad is it?
    Read this:

It shows that hazing is alive and well, and that the Marine Corps will not tolerate it any longer.

Last edited by Sgt Leprechaun; 09-08-11 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Man View Post

Ell Tee, that one needs to be discussed in Chestys Hooch. I'll just leave it at THAT. No discussion of that article here will be tolerated.

By all means post it up there and we'll flail it.

Actually, I'll do it myself. Feel free to join in...

Link deleted.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by MOS4429 View Post
    But seriously...(well, partially serious in that post in the sense that you need to drink more water as you increace PT)...but major on the major and minor on the minor.

Besides, that's not hazing. Hazing is doing something to somebody or having them do some as an initiation into a group, like a frat or something.

And if this happens to you, pace youself. Let the other recruit do the passing out. Stuff will happen in boot camp, and sometimes you think, man, why are they killing us for no reason. There's always a reason, and if for nothing else, it's discipline and PT.

In the summer of '09 on family vacation I took 4 of my daughters and my son to MCRD San Diego and I had arranged with the depot Sergeant Major to meet us and give us a tour. Now, mind you, only a former Marine does something like this on a family vacation - lol - but my kids loved it. Toward the end of the tour, my then 20 year old daughter mentioned that she hadn't seen a D.I. bark the head off a recruit yet, you know, like you see in the posters. So the SSgt giving us the tour who was a SDI, went and spoke in the ear of a D.I., and he spoke to another D.I., and some poor unsuspecting recruit walking back to formation got to put on a show.

So the kid got to stand up, get down, stand up, get down, get out of here, get back here, get out of here, get back here, bends and thrusts, etc. while two D.I.s exercised their vocal chords.

You know what? He lived. He eventually got back in formation a little sweater than the others, but he had a better workout too!! LOL.

Don't sweat it. They train thousands and thousands of recruits ever year and they know what they are doing.
    sorry sir I meant drinking beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Man View Post
    Yeah, you are exactly right. From the comments that were posted, and from his original post, I ASSUMED he was referencing boot camp. But re-reading the original post, I see he did not specifically use the terms "hazing in boot camp."

DANG! That's the second time I have responded to an ambiguous post1

Well...as far as drinking beer until you pass out, that's ridiculous. Be your own man. Nobody can make you drink until you pass out unless YOU consent to it. If you have to do so to prove you are worthy of getting into a unit, in my opinion they are weak.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Waste of good beer.....worse than pizzing it out.

Yes, yes there is. Do not let it lose your faith in the Marine Corps... "If you don't like something stick around long enough to change it"... sometimes you just get stuck in a bad situation.

Thread Information