POG vs Pogue
Create Post

Thread: POG vs Pogue

POG vs Pogue

Kind of a silly question but something I had been wondering while reading through a lot of the grunt vs POG threads. Not looking to start a fight over it but more i guess of a clarification.

Now I read the grunts calling people who arent grunts POG's now is that the same or different as Pogue I see in some of them they are using the term the same.

From my limited knowledge Pogue was a ****bird and POG was Person Other than Grunt is this correct or do they now mean relatively the same thing? Understandablly when I finally earn my title my MOS does not start with 03 but I in no way plan on being a skating ****bird.

Thank you Marines for taking your time to respond.

I was in for nine years and never really used either term. Where I was at you generally fit into two categories: Marine or sh!+bird.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Pogue or Pogie is office personnel. Pogie bait was candy or other items used to bribe the company clerk for various administrative uhhh modifications.

Over the years individuals who didn't know that a POG is a little plastic disk used by children in a trading game kinda like a cross between marbles and tiddly winks, thought it was an acronymn.

I guess the acronym POG applied to such as artillery or am-tacs would be an accurate description. Pogue would be more accurately applied to only office personnel and is generally used as an insult these days.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post
    Pogue or Pogie is office personnel. Pogie bait was candy or other items used to bribe the company clerk for various administrative uhhh modifications.

Over the years individuals who didn't know that a POG is a little plastic disk used by children in a trading game kinda like a cross between marbles and tiddly winks, thought it was an acronymn.

I guess the acronym POG applied to such as artillery or am-tacs would be an accurate description. Pogue would be more accurately applied to only office personnel and is generally used as an insult these days.

Pouge was used as an insult in days gone by too. But we won't even get into the 5th and 6th Marines issue.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Hey now the 6th aint pogues .... they're WOGs

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Hey now the 6th aint pogues .... they're WOGs

I can't be too nasty about the 6th. After all, my Dad was in the 6th, pougie rope and all.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    I can't be too nasty about the 6th. After all, my Dad was in the 6th, pougie rope and all.
    Our D.I.s told us all about the pougie rope the 6th wore in boot camp.

I know that NO one is knocking the "Fighting 5th Marines," the fieriest and most highly decorated regiment in all of Marine Corps History. They are the Marines that all other regiments aspire to be like one day, when they grow up (26th Marines).

I'll have you all know that I wear that coveted braided rope on my pajamas when I go to bed at night. Besides, it matches my eyes so it's a fashion statement.

Pogue or Pogie is office personnel. Pogie bait was candy or other items used to bribe the company clerk for various administrative uhhh modifications.Pogue would be more accurately applied to only office personnel and is generally used as an insult these days.
    That's kind of how I seem to recall it also.

Advanced....that's funny.
    I just hope you've employed proper decorum and your pajamas match the braided rope you proudly sport during nocturnal Ops.
    I tagged along with the 'Fighting Fifth' my whole tour.

Carry on.....

Quote Originally Posted by chulaivet1966 View Post
    That's kind of how I seem to recall it also.

Advanced....that's funny.
    I just hope you've employed proper decorum and your pajamas match the braided rope you proudly sport during nocturnal Ops.
    I tagged along with the 'Fighting Fifth' my whole tour.

Carry on.....
    You are correct sir. When doing Nocturnal Ops I normally take my color cooridnated dress uniform OFF, if you know what I mean, especially when I go in under the wire. When I wear my "Braid" on my T-shirt people always ask me what it is, I guess I'm destined to educate the masses.

I appreciate your pride in being with the famous "Fighting Fifth." I see that they almost killed you as well.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Happy now Munky? Nah, just kidding. But you have gotten a little taste of life inside the Marine Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    I appreciate your pride in being with the famous "Fighting Fifth." I see that they almost killed you as well.
    Very good...you adhered to proper decorum protocols.

Yes....I have much respect and affinity for the 'Fighting Fifth'.
    They provided a few challenges for me.
    A few less neurons but I escaped with all my limbs.
    (To clarify, my friendly fire incident was not due to any 5th Marines error but that's a different subject. I hate LP's in case I didn't mention that).

Everyone be safe this weekend.
    I"m staying home and re-arranging my music studio area.
    I have tape measure and coffee in hand and Heineken for Happy Hour.

Carry on....

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Speaking of ropes.

Myself and my brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    Happy now Munky? Nah, just kidding. But you have gotten a little taste of life inside the Marine Corps.
    Lol I will have to get back to you on this one because I am rather confused

Thread Information