Flying with the barracks cover and not damaging it
Create Post

Flying with the barracks cover and not damaging it

Good afternoon, I dont think this is the right place to put this, but I cant post in the Uniform U because my status is still a civilian status from when I first joined. Anyways, I'm about to fly back home on leave for a few days, then on to NC. I dont want to screw up my barracks cover too much in the process. Do any other Marines out there have any tips on flying with it? For now, Im thinking of putting it in my carry on. Id break it down, but its one of the Kingform covers that the "halo" is fixed on to the head portion. Thanks for any help.

I think most of us have tryed just about everything known to keep it safe some worked for awhile. Best thing I found was to pack it with t-shirts and then rap it more t-shirts and if it is going in the sea-bag put it near but not at the top and nothing hard around it.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Don't know if you can find one close to where you live or if the still have them......but go to a ladies hat store and get a hat box.....put in your cover and pack with tissue paper like the gift wrap stuff...not shiat paper..... and pack about 1/3 way up seabag and pack soft garments rolled around it.

Choose the color of the box cautiously!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Some polish popcorn and the original box should be all you need.

Forgive the stains .... it's an old box.

Whenever I was traveling somewhere that I might wear my dress blues while there, I would package up my cover and UPS it directly to my destination. It cost a bit, but was well worth it. If you are not wearing the cover in transit, ship it...next day or two-day...whatever works out for you....

Thread Information