Caffine in Bootcamp
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Caffine in Bootcamp

Good day Marines. I was just wondering if your allowed to have caffeine(coffee, energy drinks, caffeine pills)in boot or do they not let you have any as part of the training. I'm not really a caffeine person, usually drink it on occasion or after a long weekend and need the wake up boost for the gym Monday morning. For me though it REALLY works and I know would help me tremendously for my energy and I never feel a crash.

Maybe powerade or gatorade powder mix, but anything else....NO!

The best power boost you should receive in Boot Camp will be a size 12 in the azz.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    The best power boost you should receive in Boot Camp will be a size 12 in the azz.
    HAHAHAHA! Advice taken. Looks like it's just water from here on now for me.

Popsicle:

I don't know if anyone has told you yet, but all that cafine in those drinks is very bad for your heart. Maybe not now at a young age, but it will catch up to you with age.

In 1963 when I went through PI, I drank coffee for breakfast at the mess hall, and when I was ordered to the DI Quarters during mess week, I drank coffee each day, because I made it.

Coffee

You get that instant coffee in MREs, not sure if you DIs will let you keep it. During the crucible we got to keep all of the stuff in our MREs, considering even the chewing gum can give you some energy when your tank is empty. If you dip, you can just toss that instant coffee in your lip and let it soak into your bloodstream. YUM!

Last edited by Sergeant M; 09-03-11 at 08:15 PM. Reason: spelling

The only caffine you will see in boot camp is the chocolate covered coffee grinds in your MRE's. I was never affected by caffine before boot camp, but the first time I had those which was right before the Crucible, I never thought I would run out of energy. Almost 3 months without it really makes you sensitive. I thought I was going to die from so much energy driving home after drinking a 20 oz. Red Bull right after Boot. So to answer your question is no you will not at all until unless your DIs let you keep anything special from your MREs when you field strip them (we couldn't until the Crucible).

<<< Just graduated.

You do have a chance on the Crucible to use the small coffee packets that come in the MRE's. However, be careful your body isn't used to it at that point so be prepared to be using the head a lot (not fun in the field). For the rest of bootcamp, water during the day and Powerade at chow. That's it.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Gale View Post
    <<< Just graduated.

You do have a chance on the Crucible to use the small coffee packets that come in the MRE's. However, be careful your body isn't used to it at that point so be prepared to be using the head a lot (not fun in the field). For the rest of bootcamp, water during the day and "POWERADE" at chow. That's it.

Wondering if they ReNamed the PantherPi$$ as a Placebo for these kids ???

Zarex
    strikes again.

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    I have a question of my own
    Does anyone, and I mean anyone, just want to make it through boot camp without having to know every single thing that happens?
    Is there anyone here who just wants to become a Marine, just for the sake of doing it?
    That would be refreshing

The thing is no matter how many questions you ask and how much you think you know, you will never know whats going to exactly happen. They will all learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant M View Post
    You get that instant coffee in MREs, not sure if you DIs will let you keep it. During the crucible we got to keep all of the stuff in our MREs, considering even the chewing gum can give you some energy when your tank is empty. If you dip, you can just toss that instant coffee in your lip and let it soak into your bloodstream. YUM!
    Yep! You have to sneak it from your Drill Instructors and if you're successful you can take the instant coffee and the powdered cream and sugar, open them, dump it all in your mouth at once and wash it down with water. That's what I used to do. It don't taste great but it gets the job done.

Powerade with chow in the field. WTF. Maybe its full of salt peter.

Just tear open your MRE coffee packets, pour the entire pouch into your mouth and chase with your canteen......good to the last effin' drop.......

Thread Information