Marine Officer Programs - Page 24
Create Post
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324
    Marine Friend Free Member JeffHoss's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I am looking into joining The Marines as an officer. The program I am interested in earning my commission thru is the PLC (Platoon Leaders Class)

My concern is the age factor. In the summer of 2012, I will be a 27 year old prospect that will be starting my sophomore year of college later that fall.

About me:

*Non Prior Service
    *Starting College (Fall of 2011 at age 26)
    *Projected Year of Graduation (2015 at age 30)

Do you think Im still good to go or will I have to get an age waiver inorder to attend PLC?

Marine Friend Free Member JeffHoss's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I hope to attend PLC the summer after my freshman year of college and before my sophomore year.

Hello Marines,

Thank you to all the Officers that have posted on this thread. It is very helpful. I read USNAviator's post, the Lieutenant Colenel. Sir, I thank you especially for the information you have provided.

I am interested in going through the ECP program. I enlisted as a Reservist to give me enough time to finish all the requirements, including citizenship, to go through OCS. Currently, my average PFT score is 288, which took over 1 year to reach! I have a college GPA of 3.2 and I'm retaking my ASVAB, which will I'm certain will give me well above the required score to go attend OCS.

I plan on working my butt off both in my civilian job and my Reserve MOS, to show my CO and all Marines around me that I want to be an officer; because at the end of the day, even though I'll be an enlisted Marine, I eat, sleep and drink becoming a USMC officer.

Is there any more advice that any Marine on here, enlisted or officer, could offer me. Any tid-bit of advice, no matter how small, will be very helpful.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

-Llano

I have a freind, he is 26 who is trying to go to OCC. When are the classes done and one more thing, he was told it is difficult to get into that classes are filled up for 2012?

It's been a long time since I last logged on, but www.marineocs.com was pretty good about having the answers to those types of questions. I can tell you that fall OCC usually goes from about early Oct to mid Dec. I'm not too certain on the other classes.

Thank you Captain,

I checked it out. Looks like an invaluable website.

Thread Information