Combat Action Requirements
Create Post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Combat Action Requirements

Hello, Ive been trying to track down the latest update on the requirements to recieve a CAR. I know that the requirements have changed due to new ememy TTP's, but i am unable to find any new info. Any links or leads pertaining to this would be greatly apreciated. Thanks in advance for all the help.

I bet someone in Jacksonville, knows.

Get shot at and shoot back or have a command that's excellent in bullsh!t.

you must survive 6 months of living with my wife. If you make it out alive you will get an MOH

My issue is that while deployed to Iraq i was positioned as the gunner for our scout vic/mine roller. while on a convoy i was hit with a headwire (really glad the front shield on the turret was there). I have heard that the requirements for a car changed due to the fact that some enemy actions you cannot return fire or you dont recieve fire, but are still detrimental to the operation and the Marines lives. This type of enemy action may not rate a car, but is there another award that may fit this type of action?

First you have to find out if your unit is authorized to wear the CAR.

Quote Originally Posted by doesitmatter View Post
    wtf is a headwire?
    a headwire is a wire stretched across the road from two poles that is drawn tight and set at head or neck level for the gunners. As the truck drives by with the gunner exposed...well im sure you get the picture.

so the headwire hit you? did you get injured?

no i didnt hit it, the front shield of the turret armor hit it and broke it. My question is since that a headwire is an enemy TTP and my vic hit it, do i rate any type of award or ribbon, including the CAR?

You would have to talk to your Senior Enlisted Advisor.

are you ****ing serious? what the **** is wrong with you. you almost got hit with a wire so you think you rate a COMBAT ACTION ribbon? what about a wire is combat. i cant believe this.....

Im not saying i rate a car, thats why im asking...

im so sick of people like you trying to get a CAR on a technicality. it cheapens the award for the people that really earn it. i had to fight my way out of Marjah to get my CAR. you want one because you had to duck?

Thread Information