Questions for sooon to be poolee
Create Post

Questions for sooon to be poolee

So I'm 25 and got back form meps a while back. I passed and got a 94 out of 99 on my asvab. I didn't sign a contract or swear in; they needed some more simple paperwork so I haven't had a career counseling session yet. I have several questions to ask and would really appreciate the assistance...
    1. I have a wife and son and want to know if i can keep tri care after i get out I understand I'll have to pay premiums and that's fine but I would like more information. I really plan on keeping tricare long after i'm out of the service. Is that possible? If not I'll probably reconsider all of this.
    2. is 94 out of 99 a good asvab score? I understand that it sounds good but do lots of people get this score or will this actually open up more opportunities for me?
    3. When am i actually locked into the marines? Can i decide i don't want to do this right before i get on the plane to san diego or at some other point in time? I just want to know how long I have to figure out the health care stuff.
    4. I'm planning on doing 4 years active and would like to get started on grad school. How realistic of a goal is that? I understand I won't finish but if I could get around half way done that would be great. Can I wait till I'm inactive to start on grad school? I'm guessing not but more info would be great.

Thanks so much for the help!

You better get a better profile than you have or a Mod will shut you down,Semper Fidelis.

Thread Information