Lat Move to EOD as reserve?
Create Post

Lat Move to EOD as reserve?

I want to lat move to EOD and go reserve after 4 years of active duty. Can I do this and can I get info on lat moving to EOD and becoming a reservist.

Not to come across as a smart a$$ here and I know you want to plan for your future, but how about taking it one step at a time first.
    Go through the process of meeting with a recruiter face-to-face first; taking the ASVAB; making sure you don't need any medical, criminal, or tattoo waivers; going to MEPS; and then taking it from there.

To answer your question no. You must be an NCO to lat move to EOD, and that all depends on if you even qualify. Once you finish the school you will probably have a few years to fulfill on AD before they let you out. Transferring to the reserves means you will have to find a reserve unit with an open EOD billet in order to join. During this time, your views will change and you probably wont want to be in the reserves. Why not just stay AD?

Right now there's only 5 of us in the reserves that are EOD Techs. So spots wont be an issue lol.

Where/what do you guys do for drill with that few of you?

It was always funny in the company staff meetings in Iraq when the CO would ask EOD if they had anything new and it was always "Nah, we cool".

Right now I'm the only Tech in my unit and it's pretty useless. My squadron won't order me gear and I don't even have a work place. So what I do is spend my time at the base EOD shop. I'm on orders till August so I work there full time. On drill weekends I don't do anything, just show my face to the important people and basically just stay out of sight and out of mind.

Credits
    Savings
    is this poolie serious? He hasnt even made it through bootcamp which hes problably going to give up on anyway but he thinks he wants to walk up to live bombs and jiggle the wires alittle.. I think somebody watched hurt locker last night.

Just saying. Why cant anyone just be satisfied being a Marine and deal with the rest later.

I was also actually thinking about trying for EOD in the reserves once my contract is up.

Quote Originally Posted by FaDeD View Post
    Just saying. Why cant anyone just be satisfied being a Marine and deal with the rest later.
    Because this philosophy is what gets people to go in Open Contract, get assigned to an MOS they hate, and make everyone around them work more for four years.

Quote Originally Posted by FaDeD View Post

Dont worry, they can pick any job they want but the Corps changes it when they hit MCT. I knew one Marine who was a Avi tech and now is in bulkfuel school.

Needs of the Marine Corps? It sucks to lose what you picked but I guess thats how the ball rolls.

Thread Information