the prior service recruiter i was working with is ignoring me
Create Post

the prior service recruiter i was working with is ignoring me

is this pretty common? it's been 2 months and the guy won't return my calls. he said it would be about a week till i could take my physical and pft to get back in.

WTF? just got a flash back of why i got out

Credits
    Savings
    Situation normal
    Prior service is not a priority or a "commission" for him

Become a small pain till you get attention

Further from recruiters on this site ?

Quote Originally Posted by gehrij View Post
    Situation normal
    Prior service is not a priority or a "commission" for him

Become a small pain till you get attention

Further from recruiters on this site ?
    actually prior service recruiters only deal in prior service. they don't recruit kids so they only get credit for guys like me

Credits
    Savings
    There's a reason it's going slow
    See if you can contact the Recruiter NCOIC

My recruiter said that nothing could be done until October so he wouldnt be able to submit my package until September.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtMcCrory View Post
    is this pretty common? it's been 2 months and the guy won't return my calls. he said it would be about a week till i could take my physical and pft to get back in.

Par for the course. I experienced the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by SgtMcCrory View Post

What seemed to happen a lot too, is that I wouldn't hear anything unless I called/e-mailed him. I don't recall him ever calling me to say what was going on or give an update. Also, I got the feeling that he wasn't doing anything with it unless I kept calling/e-mailing and then he would. A couple times I wouldn't hear for a month, two months so I would call him. He would say let me check and I'll get back to you. Never failed, he would come back and say something like, "Oh, we need to have this or do this, etc, so here's what we need". Meanwhile, my package sat for two months without moving and now had to be updated, etc and then sent off again.

Last edited by fjmas1976; 08-31-11 at 09:30 PM. Reason: spelling errors

we are going through the same thing except my husband was promised a 2111 postion to call one week later to start the packaging but only to be ignored a week later we are in the process of looking for another recruiter in 2 hrs away to get some Real anwsers has we feel we arent be helped..

I don't get it. If I ever did any of that on my job now (police officer), I'd be standing in front of my Chief getting my butt chewed in no time at all. If you don't want to do the job, get out. If you don't want to help a Marine, tell him/her. I'd rather be told straight up nothing can be done than waste my time and energy

I agree with your statement wish they were straight forward but they dont care

There are times when life's a biotch.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    There are times when life's a biotch.
    I'll second that Gunny,Semper Fidelis.

I say, if you want it, get after it. Make your presence known, check in every so often (as often as it takes). If said PSR is close-ish, get a face-to-face. Make it known that you will not be denied/ignored. You know, like getting that job that you really want. How bad do you want it?

Quote Originally Posted by 3522 View Post
    I say, if you want it, get after it. Make your presence known, check in every so often (as often as it takes). If said PSR is close-ish, get a face-to-face. Make it known that you will not be denied/ignored. You know, like getting that job that you really want. How bad do you want it?
    That's what I did. I went down to their office unannounced with all my paperwork and records in a brief case and said let's get the ball rolling. Within 2 weeks I was scheduled for MEPS.

I finished MEPS with flying colors. When it came time for contracting, they didn't have the MOS I wanted so I left. The record of a completed MEP exam will stay in the system for 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by rheinmark187 View Post
    That's what I did. I went down to their office unannounced with all my paperwork and records in a brief case and said let's get the ball rolling. Within 2 weeks I was scheduled for MEPS.

I finished MEPS with flying colors. When it came time for contracting, they didn't have the MOS I wanted so I left. The record of a completed MEP exam will stay in the system for 2 years.
    i live like 2 hours away and i just found out that apparently the DUI i got is going to be a pretty big issue. i think he was trying to do me a favor by working around it but now that i can't get ahold of him i'm thinking i should just pay off the rest of the fine before i start hassling him. i know he just had a daughter so maybe that's why i can't get ahold of him.

i hear they're trying to get rid of 4400 marines! that's probably why it's so hard to get back in these days.

Thread Information