Wearing Blues after discharge?
Create Post

Wearing Blues after discharge?

I recently got out, reluctantly, after almost 9 years for family reasons. I am going to be getting married very soon, and would love to wear my blues, but I'm not sure of the rules about wearing blues after I get out and/or if it is proper to get married in my blues if I am out. Any ideas?

Thanks!

I did find this:

"Retired military members and certain honorably discharged veterans may wear the US Military uniform on certain occasions. This authority is authorized by Federal law (10 USC, 772). It allows certain veterans and retirees to wear the US Military uniform, as prescribed by the individual services.
    While attending military funerals, memorial services, weddings, inaugurals, and other occasions of ceremony.
    While attending parades on national or state holidays, or other patriotic parades or ceremonies in which any active or reserve United States military unit is taking part. Only service and dress uniforms may be worn; the BDU and physical fitness uniforms will not be worn."

and this:

"As a former Marine there are some restrictions:
    You must have served during a time of war (i.e. earned the National Defense Medal during your time in service) and received an honorable discharge to wear the uniform.
    Events you are restricted to wearing it to:
    Military funerals, memorial services, weddings, and inaugurals.
    Parades on national or state holidays; or other parades or ceremonies of a patriotic character in which any active or reserve United States military unit are taking part. ‘Wearing of the uniform or any part thereof at any other time or for any purpose is prohibited.’ "

Is it saying military weddings? Meaning that I could wear it if an active Marine was getting married? I do have a nat defense.. two actually...

Thanks

Credits
    Savings
    There are specific stipulations
    I have faith someone will post a link

Common sense applies
    Are you within regs ?
    Hair shave weight
    Are you wearing the uniform with honor
    Are you wearing it at a function that would not be approved ( peace rally etc )
    Is your uniform clean and pressed

Im pretty sure that if you are honorable discharged you can wear them again for wedding and similar events, but thats it. you can only wear them for anything else 60 days after EOS(think its 60) or if you if you have a MOH. MOH recipents can wear blues whenever they want.

Thread Information