Boredom
Create Post

Thread: Boredom

Boredom

Tell me ways that you beat boredom back while you were doing absolutely nothing.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Smoke, complain, play cards. Describes about half my day right there.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Go on leatherneck, gym, stare at wall.

ever tried to make an MRE bomb

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    All the time on deployment until the officer there got hit with about 12 at once. Then they were banned.

Punch the clown. Computer. ***** and Moan about how nothing makes sense. The usual stuff.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Count the dots on the ceiling....

Chew and spit tens of thousands of sunflower seeds.

what are the most common dumb things that happens when boredom ensues

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    people post about it instead of getting off their butts and doing something

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Mix spit with George Dickle and swallow

Quote Originally Posted by madman1042002 View Post
    Basically, if it involves idiocy and simple improvised objects, Marines have probably done it and gotten badly hurt with it.

Examples include Nut Ball, (Sit about ten paces from opponent with golf ball or similar size pile of rocks, try to hit opponent's nuts. First to quit loses) Thunderdoming, (Ground fighting in a barracks room) throwing charged capacitors at each other, and See How Fast You Can Chug the MRE Tabasco Sauce.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Why don't you find a retirement home and play some checkers with some dying old man? Make yourself useful,,,,slug. WTF?

Real men don't have this problem.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by madman1042002 View Post
    Call NASA , make reservations on the other planets. You could use the old and tried solid fuel booster rockets on the Class V ocho slide and have a great mileinnium cruse to Pluto.

Be sure and enjoy the fried Martians at El Rio Rauncho galaxy fuel stop and rest home.

Sit on the front porch and watch the galaxy go by.....sure as hell beats counting dots!

My parents always sent me new decks of cards, because we could wear out a deck of cards in about a week. Cribbage, Spades, Rummy, Poker, you name it. We could play cribbage for two or three days straight. Bought the Hoyle book of card games and learned a few new ones. We played a lot of checkers and chess, and even organized little championships in the card games just to keep it interesting. Every one would kick in a few bucks and the last man standing would get the kitty. That usually went for beer for the whole group, so it worked out well for all of us. Let's see...we went to the recreation center and played pool from open to close. We bowled on base. We all had baseball and softball gloves and would either play games or just throw the ball around for a while. We had a movie theater on base, and used it quite frequently. Went to the gym on base. Hung out at the pool and worked on our cars at the "rent by the hour" garage we had on base. Read billions of books and magazines. Went over the wall locker thousands of times a month to make sure everything was as it should be. Irish pennants grow every time you move in uniform, so you have to keep on top of them. Let's see....I played a round of golf just about every week. Sat around outside strumming the guitar and singing (cuz the chicks dug it). Went for thousands of runs, logging millions of miles, just because. We used to get together with other couples (my wife and I) at our homes and take turns hosting movie theme nights. If we watched a western, we would have to wear something cowboyish and we would bring a dish to pass that matched the movie theme. We ate a lot of pork and beans on those nights. Get out and see the area around your base. Especially if you are overseas. Learn a new language in your spare time. Take college classes. Get your MCI's done and study your knowledge, after all, it's your job and your life...always put the Corps first, in everything. That's why you are where you are, raking in the big bucks. Bottom line, there are thousands of things to do. Boredom is just another way of saying "lacking in imagination."

Thread Information