Hurricane Irene
Create Post

Thread: Hurricane Irene

Hurricane Irene

Well Hurricane Irene is going to hit within the next 24 hours. It is starting to get rainy and windy, but nothing crazy I have added a link to my streaming video from my room . We are calling the party "Katrina in the Quad... Cutting back numbers one hurricane at a time."

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hurric...e-camp-lejeune

We're restricted to our barracks this weekend. Got today off, thanks Irene!

This thing is getting crazy. The winds are insane moving tables and the like. The rain is intense and the barracks next door is beginning to get flooded. I walked to the otherside of the barracks where there is no wind block and I couldnt stand but for a few seconds. The eye hasn't even hit land so the worst still isnt here yet, probably not for a few more hours, but you can still watch it on the stream http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hurric...e-camp-lejeune

Ive been through many, many of them in my lifetime and each time I'm in awe of the raw power of nature.

Thanks for the link and stay safe.

We start our Hurricane bar crawl here in Philadelphia at 1pm

Mike;
    Got a est. on the wind speed? Great feed keep your head down and your ammo dry. Stay safe.

Probably upwards of 50 mph with gusts up to 75...its wild, you can barely stand up in this stuff.

I really dont know windscale though...they dont have a range flag scale for this ****

My thoughts and prayers are with all in the path of the hurricane.. stay safe!

75 is enough to knock down any biped who picks one foot up off the ground when they walk; eyeglasses, knit watch caps, anything without a strap will eventually find a new owner. Horses and cows stay put and turn their rumps to the wind. I suppose those ferals on the barrier islands are doing all they can to remain camped out, non migratory birds suffer greatly.

Good Luck to you all

Not as bad as I thought it would be. Lost some pine trees and the neighbor's privacy fence is laying in my backyard. Still raining and wind is down to just gusting at 40-50 mph. Didn't lose power, though, which is a plus. Usually lose power for hours when just a thunderstorm passes through.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Sorry you guys are getting nailed in NC. But I'm happy that damned thing gave Florida a pass. 2004 was enough adventure for awhile. We were getting some left-side feeder band edges coming through, with rain and wind gusts. No worse than a fair T-storm.

But my subdivision lost power for five hours Thursday night when a big branch from a neighbor's tree took out the line (and cable). The power people were johnny-on-the-spot, but the cable people haven't been seen yet.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I forgot to take the air conditioner out of the window yesterday with some help.

Too late now. Can't do it alone with my torn Rotator Cuff.
    Fvck it. When it hits in the Morning, if it starts to look like it's gonna blow out, I'll just push it out the window and close it.

" It is what it is "....

Quote Originally Posted by Rhode Island View Post
    I forgot to take the air conditioner out of the window yesterday with some help.

Too late now. Can't do it alone with my torn Rotator Cuff.
    Fvck it. When it hits in the Morning, if it starts to look like it's gonna blow out, I'll just push it out the window and close it.

" It is what it is "....
    Rocky a Marine as yourself will adapt, Semper Fidelis.

Thread Information