Courses for Recon Marines
Closed Thread

Courses for Recon Marines

How does a Recon Marine get into the combat dive and/or airbourne course? Do these qualifications change the type of missions that a Recon Marine does?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bornagain View Post
    How does a Recon Marine get into the combat dive and/or airbourne course? Do these qualifications change the type of missions that a Recon Marine does?

His unit sends him if they want him to have that training. And, yes, it does change the kind of missions he's qualified to do.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Generally speaking, what a buddy of mine in Recon's done is:

BRC (Basic Recon Course, the initial course that lets you become an 0321).
    Airborne school
    Combat diver school
    SERE
    Combat Hunter

And I imagine there's a few others he's been through that I just don't know about. Generally speaking, combat diver and airborne is something you'll go through as soon as you can if your unit can get the slots, I don't think they're absolutely required but the recon units may not necessarily consider you a full fledged Recon Marine until you go through them.

different day, dummer question, same poster.

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    different day, dummer question, same poster.
    Excuse me but how is that considered a dumb question. Thank you two Marines for your responses.

You already have a topic on Combat diver....

Combat diver course
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=105462

Excuse me but how is that considered a dumb question.
    Dumb person, dumb questions. Why don't you understand?

It's like a big merry go round with you, the same questions, over and over.

Go sign the dotted line with a recruiter -- go get born again by the Corps at boot camp, and then come back and ask your dumb questions. but, I'm not holding my breath. While you're spending your time asking the same question over and over, another kid out there who is actually gonna be in recon has already found the answers and is out there with sweat on his face, while you sit behind your computer.

Happy trails bornagain.

amen

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    Dumb person, dumb questions. Why don't you understand?

It's like a big merry go round with you, the same questions, over and over.

Go sign the dotted line with a recruiter -- go get born again by the Corps at boot camp, and then come back and ask your dumb questions. but, I'm not holding my breath. While you're spending your time asking the same question over and over, another kid out there who is actually gonna be in recon has already found the answers and is out there with sweat on his face, while you sit behind your computer.

Happy trails bornagain.

amen
    I wouldnt have to ask the same questions if you gave me an answer. Ever think about that? I actually dont own a computer and im working my butt off so dont think I don't try. I guarantee ill do just as good or better than that "other guy" too.

I wouldnt have to ask the same questions if you gave me an answer. Ever think about that? I actually dont own a computer and im working my butt off so dont think I don't try. I guarantee ill do just as good or better than that "other guy" too.
    I'd lose the attitude there, young man.
    While you think you aren't asking the same questions over and over, you are.
    The Marines here are taking the time to answer your questions, but some things in life, you just have to experience and go through for yourself.

It would also help if you would do some research on your own before you ask questions.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I absolutely agree with Softball. There are tremendous amounts of information available on-line and in libraries on these topics. Even on official Marine Corps websites, not to mention this site.

Personally, I don't mind answering a single quick question, or guiding someone to resources, but I don't like having to spoon-feed information to people who do not try to find the answers for themselves first.

And I really don't like disrespectful wanna-be's telling off Marines. You wanna-be Recon? Get through boot camp and SOI first, then come back and tell us how much you will outperform "the other guy." You won't have a real clue until then.

Credits
    Savings
    BLACK HELO REQUEST over
    Grid azimuth danger close

Credits
    Savings
    Helios en route still ?

Why don't you ask on SOCNET ?

Bet ya don't have the kanahuas----

They ask too much information on that site which kinda freaks me out when it comes to making a profile. In my opinion it's a bit rediculous.

There's what called the Recon Pipeline. They have a Marine in charge of getting them to their specialty schools, such as Airborne and Combat Diver. The unit can also get a Mobile Training Team for Airborne as well. The rest of the schools, such as the SERE, Methods of Entry, Combat Breaching, Scout Sniper and whatever else, goes through the same process as every other unit.

Annnd I've had just about enough of this.

1 week in the box for attitude, constantly asking the same stuff over and over and over and over...

Like a broken record.

READ, RESEARCH, then ASK. Use your time out wisely....you won't get another chance.

Thread locked.

Thread Information