Gotta love those weekly Pool functions...
Create Post

Gotta love those weekly Pool functions...

Anyone else notice how no matter how much you train the rest of the week, the weekly pool functions still kick your butt? I love it! These recruiters are insane but they have my respect because I am 100% certain it will help us a lot in the long run.

Maybe this isn't thread worthy, just felt like throwing it out there.

I wish the pool functions would kick my butt...I feel like the recruiters don't take us serious enough. It would be nice to have some ridiculous workouts that have us all dead after. I'm jealous bro.

I totally agree AZTony. The recruiters down here are always yelling at us down here like "If your not puking after crossing the line or dragging your butt over the line after the run than you didnt run" and once we did an obstacle course and our ssgt told us after " your not tired are you?... that was only the first round. so lets do it again." I have a blast at everyone of them and never can wait for the next. just saying

...Gotta show my recruiters this thread.

SMH our Recruiters kill us especially mine. He's into CrossFit and uses those to train us.

When I do go to PT I ask, "So what are we doing today?" and he says, "I dont know right now but I dont want to kill yall."

I'm usually dead at the half way make and people throw up all the time. I enjoy it afterwards but during it I hate it. The circut courses are the worst.

Hey thanks for the responses guys its good to hear some of you are getting excellent workouts as well. As for Crossfit, we kind of do that at our RSS but its mostly during our monthly Pool function at Luke, AFB. That workout is intense but way fun.

One of our recruiters, SSgt Shaw, made us do Sun Gods, which are that exercise where you hold your arms up and spin them around in circles. Yeah that exercise seems easy until you realize that your recruiter is going to make you do 200 3 counts lol.

we did that exact same thing too except our recruiter kept changing them to up over the head straight out sideways and every which a way...for about an hour lol i couldnt lift my arms after that fun times

Quote Originally Posted by shane90 View Post
    we did that exact same thing too except our recruiter kept changing them to up over the head straight out sideways and every which a way...for about an hour lol i couldnt lift my arms after that fun times
    Lol that's exactly how our's did it as well.

Lol. We have to do duck walks throughout the recruiting building while holding a 25 pound weight over our heads. It's the most brutal thing ever, especially when we're told to do it all over again from the front of the building.

lol I didnt even know there were weekly pool functions we hold ours once a month they do PT though every monday wednesday and friday.

We always start out with pullups inside the RS. Then we fall out to the parking lot and get in formation. We run in formation to the park (only about a half mile away from the RS) and then do some running there. After that we play a game (ultimate frisbee, football, kickball, w/e). Unless it's an IST day. IST days (like today) consist of pullups at the RS, falling out to the parking lot, running to the park, doing situps, then doing the 1.5 miler. Cake.

We only have Pool functions once a month (PT is every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.), but when we do, my god do I feel wrecked afterwards. Man, gotta love that stuff! For a little while actually, our recruiters started pulling workouts from P90x, haha!

Some pools consider PT a function, and are especially butthurt about making sure you're there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwork703 View Post
    ...Gotta show my recruiters this thread.
    Be a leader and suggest a poolee function and agenda.
    I'm sure they won't turn that down.

Thread Information