Viet Nam is haunting me. - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    .....watched, again....."Battle for Iwo", on The Military Ch. tonight. Those Marines, Doc's, and "Beach Swabbee's", left a BIG CHUNK of themselves on Iwo Jima, back in 1943!!
    7,000 Marines, Doc's, and Sailors, gave their lives so that U.S. pilots could land shot up bombers, and take off to bomb Japan.
    REAL MEN, REAL WAR, and CERTAINLY.......REAL HERO'S!!!!!
    SEMPER FIDELIS, and ANCHOR'S AWEIGH!!!!!!!......DOC GREEK......

I was there in Yokuska the same time you were My Brother Doc. Bout all I could do was wiggle my toes a bit. Semper Fi, and READY-APP. ACE.

I been teaching a class to Home schoolers called American Warfare. Did the Revolution last week, now thwe Civil War. Doesn't seem to matter what war. When I prepare for the class I dream I'm fighting again but in a different age.

We all will always live our war but God will give us his grace to cope when we ask.

Praying for his peace for each of us. AMEN!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You know Captain Kirk when I was Humping them Rice Paddie's once upon a time,I would get this Strange Feeling Like I had been there before.When I was a Little Boy and would Wonder off in the Cival War Battlefield's I would get the same Strange stuff going on.Hell I even snuck into Little Round Top and stayed there all Night when I ran away once never Fantasized about tha Battle But Felt tha Pain and Tha Sadness...That later on in My Life,(AKA.VIETNAM) That became Reality!!!In tha Evening of My Memories I alway's Go Back.S/F GodSpeed

FistFu68,

I love heistoy and have studied Warfare all my life. I have read so much and seen so many pictures that ssometines I find my self getting mixed up about what battles were mine and what ones I have only studied. That is the thing about studying History. It settles into your memory just like other memories. George Patton believed in reincarnation. I think his histyory backround played tricks on his memory like it does mine.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kirk View Post
    I been teaching a class to Home schoolers called American Warfare. Did the Revolution last week, now thwe Civil War. Doesn't seem to matter what war. When I prepare for the class I dream I'm fighting again but in a different age.

We all will always live our war but God will give us his grace to cope when we ask.

Praying for his peace for each of us. AMEN!
    Doug, you and I spent our time in hell. Then we did more hell time at Philly Naval Hospital. I always called it the dungeon. Seeing all those Marines with no leggs, or missing limbs in one way or another, was a nightmare, by its self. I remember that they were not concerned, with their own condition, but with their brothers they left behind. Heard more than a few say, get me back to my unit. My brothers will take care of me. I don't need my leggs to kill them azzholes. I don't know where they are today, but where ever they are, it's a better place because of them. The only good thing that I left the Corps with, was the Honor and undying love of my brother Marines. Which has only grown greater, the longer I live. Many of us owe our life to our brother Marines and Docs. Least we ever forget that.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Had a fellow Marine in My Squad that would Confide in Me He goes Jack I know I'm gonna Die over Here...He goes I've had this dream since I was a Kid that someday I'd become a Marine,and would get Shot in tha Head.I would alway's tell Jerry,F**k that Marine We are gonna Make it outta here ALIVE! He was from Beloit Kansas,His Father was a Preacher Man,and He would alway's dwell on it.Well He got Shot in the Head on Dec.4 1968 and Was KIA,I don't know about Reincarnation but I do believe in VISION'S because I knew I was gonna get Popped but did not know when,But I knew without a Doubt it was gonna Happen!!!

Jack, I have seen both self fulfilling and non fulfilled prophcies about getting killed.

I say if you are in a shooting gallery it is likely you will fulfill that prophecy.
    God wants that none should die but that all will come to a saving knowelege of him. When we are at risk we increase the opertunity for death or injury.

God loves us and would never harm us. 13 surgeries and 12 months of hospitalization can not convince me otherwise.

Hang tough Brother. You ate strong enough to bear this burden as are we all.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnEaceHunt View Post
    I was there in Yokuska the same time you were My Brother Doc. Bout all I could do was wiggle my toes a bit. Semper Fi, and READY-APP. ACE.

Welcome John. Here we can discuss things that we don't feel comfortable discussing with any one else.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGreek View Post
    .....watched, again....."Battle for Iwo", on The Military Ch. tonight. Those Marines, Doc's, and "Beach Swabbee's", left a BIG CHUNK of themselves on Iwo Jima, back in 1943!!
    7,000 Marines, Doc's, and Sailors, gave their lives so that U.S. pilots could land shot up bombers, and take off to bomb Japan.
    REAL MEN, REAL WAR, and CERTAINLY.......REAL HERO'S!!!!!
    SEMPER FIDELIS, and ANCHOR'S AWEIGH!!!!!!!......DOC GREEK......
    Doc, I watched "The Pacific". it was very dificult to watch but I made it through after a few tries. Not too many nightmares afterward. Guess my happy pills are working! It was awesome. Likely the best ever.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I do not Speak of it Often,Hardly at All Captain Kirk,But His Name was Jerry Long...I remember tha Day His Sister sent Him a Wedding Invitation when We were up around L.Z.STUD,Camp Carroll,He was so Happy that His Sister was getting Married.I can still See Him Smiling,that's tha Way I'll alway's remember that Young Marine...Always Smiling even when We were getting Shot at.GodSpeed Jerry It will Be a Grand Reunion Someday.Have never told anyone ever about Him,Hell We were All just Expendable.Semper Fidelis...India 3 out~~~

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Different time....different place....

Young kid confided in me that he believed his days were numbered while in Beirut in 1983.

He was sent to the BLT 1/8 Headquarters barracks to do 30 days mess duty.....was killed in the attack on 10/23/83.

Spoke to his mother while in Little Creek,VA for training prior to another pump and she had letters that were mailed and arrived after his death about his vision of dying.

Bothers me to this day...good kid....

Quote Originally Posted by FistFu68 View Post
    Had a fellow Marine in My Squad that would Confide in Me He goes Jack I know I'm gonna Die over Here...He goes I've had this dream since I was a Kid that someday I'd become a Marine,and would get Shot in tha Head.I would alway's tell Jerry,F**k that Marine We are gonna Make it outta here ALIVE! He was from Beloit Kansas,His Father was a Preacher Man,and He would alway's dwell on it.Well He got Shot in the Head on Dec.4 1968 and Was KIA,I don't know about Reincarnation but I do believe in VISION'S because I knew I was gonna get Popped but did not know when,But I knew without a Doubt it was gonna Happen!!!
    Jack was that Jerry Long??

Quote Originally Posted by FistFu68 View Post
    Wow Jack, you hit a big one in me. Though we never numbered over 7 or so after Tet in my squad, over my tour over a dozen of my guys confided in me how they were going to die tonight when we went out. Of course I'd tell them to pray or to suck it up, but they all died when we went out. I never told anybody either, kinda strange, but I began to realize that we just know these things, especially when we lived in the raw like we did. Kinda lost in this pc bs world we have around us now.

I never saw myself getting wasted, I just saw myself going back to the world and living happily everafter and getting laid every night. And I never even got a scratch (physically anyway). When we got new guys everybody said for them to hang out with me because I couldn't get killed. I think they all knew that as well.

To this day I believe that we know when our time has come. I never saw myself getting hurt all those years as a cop either, even when we made those forced entries into all those ****holes. For instance, I only remember getting scared afterward, never during. I guess I was doubting myself. Strange **** huh?

Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post

To this day I believe that we know when our time has come. I never saw myself getting hurt all those years as a cop either, even when we made those forced entries into all those ****holes. For instance, I only remember getting scared afterward, never during. I guess I was doubting myself. Strange **** huh?
    No, Russ. You really weren't doubting yourself. That was just your brain catching up with your nerves.

Ever forward.
    Sempidr

Last edited by sempidr; 09-27-11 at 08:59 PM. Reason: misspelled word

Thread Information