Viet Nam is haunting me. - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ecfree View Post
    Monkey mountain and Dog Patch are still there also,just a little foggy....
    Yes Ed, those memories just keep rolling in, just like the tide. What get's me is when people tell me I need to change what goes through my head is that if I was any different I'd be dead. And then I think, maybe that's what they want.

You know, I don't remember telling many people in my life that they should change, I'm used to dealing with *******s, that's why Billy and I are such good friends, but most folks sure don't give that to me. Then another thought goes through my head, fvck em.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGreek View Post
    ....next weekend is the 42nd anniversary of the death's, and wounding's of several of my friends/comrades, who were serving with Lima, 3/3/3.....while I was flat on my back at USNH, Yokusaka, Japan.
    PAIN?.....GUILT?......NIGHTMARES?.....SUICIDAL IDEATIONS?.....WTF DO YOU THINK???????
    SEMPER FIDELIS....Doc Greek....
    Hey Doc, if you remember you were my first friend here. I feel for you, please appreciate that from someone who's been there. I see my brother's faces all the time and I know all about survivor guilt.

I went to two 911 ceremonies the other day and when they had a moment of prayer what went through my head each time was "better them than me." I felt bad about that when I realized that maybe I hadn't really changed that much. Of course I wouldn't tell anybody that today except you all. I hope you understand.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    Hey Doc, if you remember you were my first friend here. I feel for you, please appreciate that from someone who's been there. I see my brother's faces all the time and I know all about survivor guilt.

I went to two 911 ceremonies the other day and when they had a moment of prayer what went through my head each time was "better them than me." I felt bad about that when I realized that maybe I hadn't really changed that much. Of course I wouldn't tell anybody that today except you all. I hope you understand.
    The one thing we couldn't do, Russ, was pick and choose who gave it all, and who lived another day. However, we did what we had to do, the best way we could. It was a roll of the dice, all the way. In a few more years, we'll all be memories anyway. S/F BROTHER

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Doc,,, when I see the dead on the news around here and cry, I'm a fool for the most part. When I've been drinkin and think of old friends, I'm a fool again. Maybe we are just a bunch of old fools.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Cool If Nam didn't Kill Us You think these Civilian PUKES stand a Chance-Hell No

Well Hell Marines,we've still got Each Other! We just gotta Keep Humping,I Dam sure ain't gonna Kill Myself;Maybe My Heart will Explode when I'm having SEX W/my Beautiful WIFE,what a Way too Buy The Farm.GodSpeed Marines and Devil Doc's WE ARE GONNA MAKE IT!!! Semper Fidelis

Credits
    Savings
    Goose said it right,
    we couldn't pick and choose.

Hang in there like the rest of us and
    SemperFidelis Brothers

Credits
    Savings
    Doc

I dont think there is a limit for time when it comes to memories is there?
    except , some of them we want to forget and cant, and them we want to
    remember and dont.
    Take'Um all with a grain of salt and remember we're in here together.
    All the Bytchin' and Moaning, aint gonna help much.. Other than letting the rest
    of us know You're still alive.

Now, take two APC's and come back tomorrow if the pain still hurts.
    NO light duty chit either..........

And by the bye...Thanks for hanging out with us when it mattered "Squidley"

Hang in there DocGreek,your Great-Why don't You,Me,and Everyone Else meet sometime in Our Dreams and Go for a Beer-in Danang.Maybe a few more than one.Gotta do some COM-SA to not dream.Here in the Bronx,they got garbage treated with bad stuff.They have some places on the Internet,but I don't know if they are real.Love to get some Vietnamese because I did not indulge then-and I sure could use some Now.

Quote Originally Posted by HM3 Doc Wilder View Post
    Love to get some Vietnamese because I did not indulge then-and I sure could use some Now.
    Just curious, Vietnamese WHAT?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Russ is soooooooo Horneeeeeeeeee,All He got is Beau Cou Boom Boom on His Mind 28/7!!!

Well Jack, it's been my life's work. Wasn't ever good for anything else.

Angry

Opened a can of Colgate shave cream and wet back to Chu Lai. Damn!!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	USMC 236 Years.jpg‎
Views:	500
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	9210  

Welcome aboard Ron

Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    Just curious, Vietnamese WHAT?
    ........POT-FUMay-Weed-Grass-Smoke-Mary Jane-ect.......COM-SA is the word for it in Vietnamese.Da.........

Quote Originally Posted by HM3 Doc Wilder View Post
    ........POT-FUMay-Weed-Grass-Smoke-Mary Jane-ect.......COM-SA is the word for it in Vietnamese.Da.........
    I thought you meant something else, but I sure didn't meet any Mary Jane's over there. My nickname was "#1 GI," I guess I was special.

Thread Information