Taking Ferry to work in Cammies?
Create Post

Question Taking Ferry to work in Cammies?

My friend is a Reserviest. He thinks it is alright to go on the ferry boat, to the mainland from an island which he lives on ,and then take a shuttle to his reserve staion. In his cammies.. I told him no cause the public can see him.. is he allowed to do this?

Credits
    Savings
    No, cannot even take the bus if he wanted. It's only allowed if he's traveling by POV.

I second what ecom said, your buddy is wrong. I would forward a copy of the uniform regulations so he can see it with his own eyes. If he doesn't want to abide by it, whatever, he'll get caught and chewed out sooner or later.

The uniform regulations for the Marine Corps are the same for active duty as they are for reservists, he is not special.

Why doesn't he just travel to his unit in civvies, and then change into cammies once he gets to his reserve station?

Probably wants the attention of everyone seeing him in his uniform. That is usually the reason for things of this nature.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by haebyungdae View Post
    Probably wants the attention of everyone seeing him in his uniform. That is usually the reason for things of this nature.
    The other guess would be laziness.

Quote Originally Posted by haebyungdae View Post
    This

Quote Originally Posted by ecom View Post
    The other guess would be laziness.
    and this

Bottom line is.....WRONG. Even in terms of POV's and cammies, you are not authorized to get out of your POV, period. If you want food while in your POV and in cammies....drive thru. If you need gas, wait to get gas later or pay at the pump ONLY (and even then it's not nicely looked upon).

There's really no excuse for not changing over aside from wanting attention or being lazy.

Concur. Totally wrong.

Thread Information