Tank 1812
Create Post

Thread: Tank 1812

Tank 1812

Hey guys, i have read some other way old posts about tank crewman and wanted to try to get some present input. I am mostly likely trying to finish college which should be in about a year half/two years. One of the MOS i was thinking was 1812. How do the chances look of me getting this MOS at this time, i know the military is downsizing? Any info about the MOS and anything wouldnt be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Yes, this does bother me...try "Hi Marines", not hey guys.
    Also, we have no idea what tomorrow brings, let alone when you finish college in another year and a half or two.

i apologize. thanks for your insight.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Even though no one has the crystal ball to predict where we will be military wise in a few years....all the MOS's of today will still be needed.

Unless the world goes strictly to long distance laser fighting and fighting from a lab environment by pushing buttons.....tanks are a vital and a strategic part of war.....the problem will be how many men they will need to run those tanks.......the same amount they need today.

Will it be harder to get a position....probally.....downsizing changes things but.....there will still be a Marine Corps.....it will be more competitive than what it is today.

Search this site there has been questions about tanks before.....there are a few tankers that come here that maybe able to give you some scoop....or search off site for that MOS.

When the services downsize....they will try to retain all they have now....and if they can't they will sill need to fill those positions....with new bodies....but there will always be enlistments...the deal will probally be squeaky clean and no waivers at all.

Stay in school and consider going the officer route....Good luck!

Thread Information