Recon Marines: please help me
Closed Thread

Recon Marines: please help me

Can any Recon Marine give me some info on how to complete the Basic Reconnaissance Course? Like, what sort of swimming skills should a person perfect, and which will you be tested on? And also anything else that you can tell me that would be helpful would be deeply appreciated. Oh, and how can I get better for doing the subsurface swim?

Do you know what google is? Have you tried a simple google search for what you are looking for? Have you tried a site search? You should, cause most of your questions have been answered a thousand times.

When and if you get in the Marine Corps, you will find that nobody is gonna hold your hand.

For now, try this http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+complete...issance+Course

Good luck

BTW -- you are probably going to find more recon Marines at socnet,,, (tip -- google it) but take some advice, if you go there,,,, read more and post less cause if you go there asking questions like you are here,,, you will be gone, fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Bornagain View Post
    Can any Recon Marine give me some info on how to complete the Basic Reconnaissance Course? Like, what sort of swimming skills should a person perfect, and which will you be tested on? And also anything else that you can tell me that would be helpful would be deeply appreciated. Oh, and how can I get better for doing the subsurface swim?

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    Do you know what google is? Have you tried a simple google search for what you are looking for? Have you tried a site search? You should, cause most of your questions have been answered a thousand times.

When and if you get in the Marine Corps, you will find that nobody is gonna hold your hand.

For now, try this http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+complete...issance+Course

Good luck

BTW -- you are probably going to find more recon Marines at socnet,,, (tip -- google it) but take some advice, if you go there,,,, read more and post less cause if you go there asking questions like you are here,,, you will be gone, fast.
    X's 2

Yup. People think 'we' are nasty, anal, and ignorant....and those same people wouldn't survive 5 minutes on SOCNET. Those guys....do NOT suffer fools gladly and boot you in microseconds the minute they detect ANY sort of 'azzhattery'.

Oh and they also require a much more robust profile than WE do, however it's only visible to mods, I believe.

Word to the wise....use the site for information and keep your mouth shut. Otherwise prepare to suffer their wrath LOL

Yeah, I had to leave this site for this very reason. DO NOT WORRY OR FOCUS ON RECON..focus on becoming a freakin' Marine and go from there!

*sigh*

...look man, sometimes people are unwilling to help others when they have nothing to offer; but instead of admitting their deficiencies they'd rather turn to berating them.

PM me with your Recon questions. I'll help you out as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    He's so lucky to be able to get help from you, the only one willing to do so. LOL
    You aren't seriously following me around this forum replying to everything I say to anybody are you? Seriously...you're web stalking me?

That's adorable. Bless your little heart.

What's the problem now? I'm not allowed to help potential new Marines? I'm allowed to tell them to use google, search, or ask for help on another forum?

Go away, stalker.

Unhuh, yea, okay....

...anyway, OP, shoot me a PM.

How about THIS, 'me'....read the rules that apply to YOU as well as everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by maverickmarine View Post
    Yeah, I had to leave this site for this very reason. DO NOT WORRY OR FOCUS ON RECON..focus on becoming a freakin' Marine and go from there!
    Will do. I want to be the best that's why I ask these questions. Sure, not everyone can be a Marine, but not every Marine can be Recon. Which is why I need to work as hard as I can now to be prepared for later. MEPS is what I'm worried about, not Boot Camp its self. I have the confidence to know that I'll graduate.

MAVERICKMARINE gave you the best advice to just go to bootcamp and not worry about BRC. Everything in the Marine Corps is crawl walk run. Don't worry about Recon and BRC until that time has come. A lot of people have this idea in their head what it's going to be like and they want to be recon seals ranger etc. A lot of people change their mind the first day they go to basic training lol. Go to bootcamp, then SOI, and if you STILL wanna be Recon go to RIP and they will prepare you to pass BRC no problem... only thing is some say RIP is harder than BRC haha. But no ones to say you can't do it. I was where you were at one point and I did it...

Asked, answered, and CLOSED.

Thread Information