Working And Dep
Create Post

Thread: Working And Dep

Working And Dep

I was wondering if anyone else felt like quitting their job while in Dep ?
    I really hate my job but i took all the crap that came with it, now i finally Dep'ed in and now i only have like a 2 months to go. I dont really need to deal with the harassment from my boss, but i do know i will need money to go out and stuff.
    So what do you think i should do

tough it out,

try to find a new job part time
    or
    just put extra effort into PT and get ready as best as possible

If you can find a better job then i would say try for that. If your really out of shape then you should be making that your full time jobs and trying to prepare for boot. I would try to keep a job. Im trying to find one while waiting for boot because summer really sucks when you have nothing to do and no job for money to go out.

I quit both my jobs a month ago, I ship in a week. Made sure I had enough cash to last me till my ship date and said see ya. gives you more free time to rest/workout

I entered the DEP in May with a ship date of 20120123. At my request, the SNCOIC at the RSS kindly found me a slot to ship on 20110822. I continued to work until 20110814.

I would advise you to tough it out. Think of it as preparation for boot camp, because you're probably not going to love it there, either. Besides, you can save the money you make by working out on your downtime instead of going out.

That's my $.02.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Keep your job until a week or two before you ship. Trust me, thats what i did and you'll enjoy the money.

Just make sure you still find time to PT on your own so the Drill Instructors dont kill you when you get down there.

Well I'm going Reserves because I have a great job. I ship out in Oct and train when I can. I make it to all mandatory Poolee Functions but only make it to PT when I have a saturday off.

If you dont need the cash and rather train all day then quit but if you have bills to tend to and other responsibilties keep working.

i quit with like 5 months to go, i had already saved up enough to quit without having to worry lol

If you're going active duty like most, just go into DGAF mode. Worry about PT and spending time with friends.

what is DGAF

Quote Originally Posted by madman1042002 View Post
    what is DGAF
    Don't give a F***

Quote Originally Posted by madman1042002 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone else felt like quitting their job while in Dep ?
    I really hate my job but i took all the crap that came with it, now i finally Dep'ed in and now i only have like a 2 months to go. I dont really need to deal with the harassment from my boss, but i do know i will need money to go out and stuff.
    So what do you think i should do

tough it out,

try to find a new job part time
    or
    just put extra effort into PT and get ready as best as possible
    I am in that position right now ive been in the DEP since March I wanted to quit right away still do. Cuts into my PT time with my RS and all that other jazz, so Ive got to rely on myself ATM to be moto. ive even technically been fired twice since ive dep'd they just offered me either the door or a new position making less money. Since the USMC isnt paying my bills right no i had to take the new position.

Thread Information